[KTH] Fail Truce

The sound of gunshots and screams haunted in the background. Taehyung tried to run faster, but he couldn't be selfish and did it. Glancing over his shoulder, his eyes furrowed when he caught the sight of a girl, running along with him. Her face looked clearly tired. Flashing a tired smile, Taehyung gripped her hand tighter, telling her they would make it out alive. They keep running through the small alley, hoping to see some shelter to hide.

The situation, it's hectic. Today should end up smoothly, for today was the day where both the strongest gangs in Korea decide to have a truce, after endless year of fight. But once enemy, forever will be enemy. The things turned ugly, both gangs couldn't just agree to finally have a peace. Soon, the city turned into battlefield.

Taehyung let out a loud sigh, trying to speed up his pace when he suddenly heard a yelp from his back. The girl stumbled and fall, her hand slipped away from Taehyung. The man came to a sudden halt, rushing to the girl in panic.

"Mint, are you okay?" the girl just nodded, even though Taehyung could see her face cringed in pain. He offered once again a tired smile.

"We could make it, come on." Taehyung leaned closer to place a quick peck on the girl's forehead, hoping it would bring good luck to the both of them. Then he helped her stood, before they continued to run away, in a slower pace now. Taehyung didn't want to make the girl hurt even more.

If only the truce has succeeded, he wondered. They wouldn't be running away for their life like this. They finally would be together in peace right now. But it looked like having to have their relationship behind the shadow would be the only way for them to be together. Now, no one should come to their way, or everything will end. They would take Mint away from him, or if it's his alliance, they would kill her. Because Mint was the daughter of the enemy boss.

Suddenly, Mint stopped, her breathing was uncontrollable. Her grip on Taehyung's hand loosened, and if it's not for the man's tight grip on hers, they would be slipped apart.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" the man asked concernedly, his hand grabbing the smaller girl's shoulder. 

"Taehyung..." she whispered between her breath, "I don't think we could make it."

The man shook his head, reassuring her, "We can. Come on, don't give up just like this. Please, Mint? We already make this-"

Taehyung's sentence cut off as he heard footsteps coming closer to their direction. Both of them freeze, suddenly held one another close.

"Taehyung, here you are," Taehyung's eyes hardened when he saw a male with similar clothes with him in stopped right in front of them. He was accompanied by several men in gun, following closely behind him. Out of instinct, Taehyung push Mint gently to his back, protecting her.

"Jimin," he whispered darkly, making the said man chuckled mockingly.

"And you are with our little princess. I always know you had a thing with that bitch daughter of the enemy," Jimin spat, much for Taehyung displeasure.

"Don't you dare to call her that. Beside, she was innocence, Jimin. She didn't have anything to do with the war." Taehyung could feel Mint's grip on his shirt tightened, and he immediately grip the girl's hand.

Jimin scoffed, running his hand through his hair, "Now you are sided with the enemy? Great, don't tell me you are the one who spill our secret to them."

Taehyung frowned, didn't quite understand, "I don't know what are you talking about. Now please, let us go."

"Taehyung, you turn blind because of love," Jimin said, before making a hand gesture to the group behind him, "Just kill them."

With that, Taehyung grab the gun on his holster, shooting it to the men before him. Jimin was already walked away, leaving the job to his men. He must be really confidence to leave the job to this talentless people. They would be success, if only their opponent wasn't a great shooter like Taehyung. With only few shoot, he could take down all the men alone.

Breathing harshly, Taehyung turn around to face his lover who was quite shaken up, "Now, we should really run."

But before they could make their run, a gunshot was heard, and Taehyung's eyes widened as he felt a sharp pain on his back. Mint watch in horror as blood slipped from his mouth, before the man slowly fell down. Right at the moment Mint saw one of the man on the ground was not dead yet, his hand trembled as he held the gun. Before he could make his second shot, Mint hastily grabbed Taehyung's gun, and shot him abruptly, over and over, until the man become nothing but blood mess.

"Taehyung..." She whispered, dropping the gun to the ground before she made her way to Taehyung. She immediately burst out crying when he saw blood pooled out from his back, right in the place near his heart. She didn't know what to do, and could only place the man's head on her lap, trying to make him stay conscious.

"Taehyung, please, don't leave me." She pleaded. Instead, Taehyung gave her a smirk, his hand reached out to cup her cheek.

"I won't. I would be forever in your heart," he said, and it only made Mint cry harder.

"It's not the right time to joke around!"

Taehyung intended to chuckle, but ended up coughing blood instead. Mint caress his hair, kissed his forehead as if it could lessened the pain he felt right now.

"Mint..." Taehyung managed to say, his consciousness started to slip away, "If I couldn't make it... You should know, that-"

He coughed blood again, and at that time, he sucked in his last breath. Then, he died.

"Taehyung, please, don't leave me!"
Her voice echoed as Taehyung's soul drifted away.

Taehyung...

"Taehyung, wake up!"

Taehyung opened his eyes, to be greeted by a familiar face that he grew to love. Is this heaven? He smiled, when he saw the girl looked beautiful as ever with messy hair which she put in a bun, her body draped in pajama. Her face was shining even though she looked like she just woke up. But somehow, she looked irritated. Did this angel was Mint's representation and she was upset because he was died.

"Mint, I love you." He whispered with a silly smile plastered on his lips. The girl furrowed her brows before she flicked Taehyung's forehead, earning a low grunt from the man.

Then Taehyung realize he was not in heaven. He was in real life. And the gangster love story he just experienced was a dream.

"Mint," he suddenly grabbed the girl's arm, his face looked serious, "I save you from bad gangsters, and I died."

Mint raised her brows, before she rolled her eyes, "It's one of your dream again, isn't it." She said as if this was not the first time. Well, Taehyung always had weird dream though. The last time she heard it, it was about how he save him from alien abduction.

Taehyung gulped, nodded several time as if his dream had some serious meaning behind it, "Jimin killed me. I think he might do something to our relationship, Mint. Maybe he wanted to steal you away from me."

Mint grabbed the side of Taehyung's head, caressing it, "Taehyung honey, your dream was a dream. You don't have to worry about it. Beside, Jimin is my brother why do you think he want to steal me away from you, anyway?"

Taehyung just looked at the girl dumbfounded, then he nodded.

"Good, now you should get up, I already prepare us a breakfast."
Taehyung watched his girlfriend's back as she made her way out of the bedroom. Darting his eyes down to his hands, a smile crept on his lips. He felt stupid to be worried over a dream, well that dream was quite fun.

But he was glad it was just a dream. At least, in this world he could be together with Mint in peace, without being chased by scary man with guns in their hands. She was not the daughter of the enemy boss, after all. She was his lovely girlfriend.