"jinnie and jiminie will come soon! isn't that amazing?" yoongi gasped, minji clapped her hands to the best of her ability "j-jinnie! m-minnie!" the small girl giggled, yoongi smiled upon hearing the nickname 'minnie'.

-

"hi minji! happy birthday!" jimin smiled, giving minji a pink bag that had her birthday gift "thank you jimin" yoongi smiled, minji stared at both boys, letting out a giggle.

"i can't believe she's one already. one year ago, you were making stupid jokes about people recording their birth" jimin laughed, yoongi whined a bit "it's been a year and i still stand by that" yoongi said, laughs leaving his mouth.

"im a bit emotional, she's growing up so soon" yoongi frowned, leaning on jimin's shoulder "that's okay, im also very proud of you. raising minji by yourself is not easy, i know you get really sad that she doesn't have another parent but that doesn't matter,you're doing a great job" jimin said, his eyes becoming small cresents when he smiled "j-jimin-ah, you're going to make me cry"

yoongi's eyes widened when he couldn't find the small girl

"where are you minji" yoongi sighed, not being able to find minji, he felt like burning a whole in the ground when he found the girl.

minji was playing with the toilet water "minji, we don't do that. that is bad and gross" yoongi said, washing minji's hand in the sink.

-

"did you buy minji a cake or something?" jimin asked, yoongi shook his head "uh, i barely managed to pay rent this month and barely paid my tuition for college and i have to buy minji's diapers and things so it wouldn't be a good decision to spend money on cake" yoongi said, too ashamed to make eye contact with jimin "hyungie, don't be ashamed. you're a single parent and that's understandable. you know jinnie and i try to help you, please ask for help when you need it" jimin said, yoongi felt like crying. he was blessed to have amazing friends.

"jin said he was going to be here soon but i don't know where he is, minji really wanted to see him" yoongi said, a frown on his face as he looked at the girl on his lap that was slowly falling asleep "that fucker better be here soon then" jimin gritted his teeth, making the smaller boy laugh a bit.

-

"there you are! minji fell asleep waiting for you!" jimin exclaimed with a sigh, "sorry, but i brought some things to celebrate her birthday!"

seokjin bought a special balloon for minji and then a bunch of yellow and pink balloons. seokjin and jimin knew yoongi wanted to grow up in a gender neutral environment and didn't want minji to feel pressured to be act like a woman or what not.

"also a cake, it's pretty simple but i think minji will like it" seokjin said, putting the cake in the fridge since minji was still sleeping "and her gift of course" seokjin said, handing yoongi the bag with princesses on it "thank you so much seokjin" yoongi hugged seokjin, a small smile on his face.

-

yoongi, seokjin, and jimin set up some balloons and decorations for minji when she woke up.

yoongi really tried to enjoy minji's birthday but he was really stressed and upset. he couldn't sleep at night not knowing if he could pay rent the next month. he sometimes skipped meals or ate dollar store ramen cups so minji could eat whatever she wanted. he felt like giving up sometimes, but still managed to put a smile on his face.

"what's on your mind?" seokjin asked, sitting down next to yoongi "just thinking about minji" yoongi said, letting out a small sigh "you look really upset? are you sure you don't wanna talk about it?" seokjin asked, worry in his voice "im sure"

-

"happy birthday to you! happy birthday to you! happy birthday dear minji! happy birthday to you!" the boys sung, clapping their hands together "no no no! you can't touch fire" yoongi sighed, blowing the candles our since minji was crying about the fact fire was dangerous.

seokjin cut the cake, cutting up 4 slices. one of the slices was smaller so minji could eat it.

"nyam nyam" minji giggled, yoongi smiled and put a bit more cake in minji's mouth for her to enjoy "so cute!" jimin squealed, squishing minji's cheeks.

-

"jinnie.. i-um, i've been feeling very self conscious and i-i wanna talk about it with you" yoongi softly said, leaning against seokjin. it was night time, jimin had left and minji was sleeping soundly "yes, let's talk about it, what's wrong?"

"i don't think im a good enough father, i can't buy a lot of things for minji because of my financial situation, im ugly, im just a horrible dad" yoongi frowned, crying into a pillow "yoongi, you're a good father, you're raising minji to be a good person. i know things are really hard but you're trying your best. you'll graduate in a few years, get a stable job and be able to support minji by yourself. what makes you think you're ugly? please do anything to make you feel good about yourself" seokjin said, wiping the boys tears.

"im sorry" yoongi cried into seokjin's chest, he was practically gasping for air "please don't apologize, you got this yoongi! keep going" seokjin softly said, rubbing the boys back to calm him down.

-

"im really thankful for you hyungie, i don't know how to pay you back for everything you've done for minji and i in the past year" yoongi said, seokjin ruffled the boys hair "you don't have to pay me back, just seeing you and minji happy is enough"

"a-appa!" minji shouted from their room "aish, this girl is awake. she won't sleep until 2am now" yoongi sighed, seokjin chuckled "good luck"

yoongi couldn't figure out why minji was crying, he fed her, tried to make her laugh, and made sure everything was right but she wouldn't stop crying. seokjin came into the room with a bunny, "try this?" the boy asked, minji made grabby hands and hugged the bunny "that's what she wanted"

yoongi and minji fell asleep peacefully on the bed once seokjin left. yoongi mentally prepared for his hectic schedule the next day:

9:00am: get minji ready for seokjin's house (deal with a whiny and crying child)

9:20am: leave house and take minji to seokjin's or jimin's house.

9:35am-1:50pm: classes

2:25pm-6:55pm: work

the rest of his time was for minji, making her smile and laugh was all yoongi wanted. he was a bit upset when seokjin told him minji was developing some separation anxiety since she was also crying and screaming 'a-appa!'

he had to be away from minji for long periods of time which made him feel like such a horrible father but seokjin and jimin reassured him that he was doing this for minji, so minji could have a better life.

they were right. he wanted the best for minji.

-

hehe, i hope yall liked this. it was fun writing minji being a happy child. im having a hard time rn and writing this book is a little getaway :) qotd: chips ahoy or oreos?