Chapter 20

Dark POV

After Magic left I noticed how small and vulnerable my son looked. 'He's only ten, what did you expect. He still needs us no matter how strong he seems' Luke decided to interrupt my thoughts yes I know Luke, what are we gonna do though? We have nowhere to stay I snapped back at him and he let me be. Slowly Storm struggled to sit up, he raised his head and let out a mournful howl, I knew they would hear it from a long way away. But it wasn't aimed at Caleb and Magic, he glanced desperately towards the frozen river, the river packs? what did we need from them? they wouldn't appreciate my presence since last time we brought a rogue in and then left him in their care while we ran around having fun.

He shifted back to human, 'oh crap he doesn't have enough strength or energy to stay as a wolf. This is bad' Luke started to panic so I pushed him to the back of my mind and curled up around Ash. At least he would have some warmth now. I glanced around and saw a pack of grey wolves, one of the river pack was here now. They shifted back and carefully came over to me, seeing I was curled protectively around him. One of the men gently placed their hand on my back and I understood they wanted to help, I moved to let them get close but still kept a close eye on him. I would willingly fight every man, wolf and woman here just for my son.

"Its the prince" someone said from behind me, there was exclamations and gasps, everyone looked around at each other and I even got a few suspicious glares but they were quickly averted when I bared my teeth

A woman beside me gently stroked my head "Thanks buddy, come back with us. If you wanna shift back let us know so we can help out and give you new clothes because yours will be ruined from the snow" I nodded.

Im sorry, this is so short! But i'm gonna make a new book about Storm/ Ash. This one ran out of inspiration and I wanna do something about lil stormy.