(47) Cade

Cade stared blankly at the panoramic view of Vren's penthouse

Cade stared blankly at the panoramic view of Vren's penthouse. He had been thinking in the past few days. Thinking really hard so he wouldn't misinterpret anything. He wanted to read in between the lines as accurately as possible.

His brothers Vren, Christian and Andrei were across him on the sofa, shoulders hunched so they could fit. They've been staring openly like he was a specimen.

"What are you guys looking at?" He frowned grumpily.

"Oh, nothing."

"Nothing."

"Nothing at all."

They replied altogether then resumed staring.

He felt the frown delve deeper between his brows. "Do I have something on my face?"

They shook their heads. Then Christian shifted in his seat, scraping shoulders with their brothers. "Okay, I can't take this anymore. Can I just say something here?"

He lifted a brow.

"What's going on in that big-ass brain of yours?"

He clicked his tongue. "What do you mean?"

Andrei cleared his throat, crossing his leg over the other. "He means, 'why are you moping like a lovesick puppy?'"

"Why are you stalling?" Vren rubs his jaw as if trying to decipher him then he snaps his fingers. "I figured it out. It's your high IQ eating you alive. You're isolating yourself too much in your head. You're thinking way too much."

Christian nodded, an amused grin on his face. "I agree with him. I'm lucky I traded high IQ with charm."

"Kathie broke up with her longtime boyfriend. She turned down his marriage proposal and we think we all know why." Andrei rested his back against the backrest, the sofa creaking from all the weight of three grown man trying to fit in.

"She told me I know why," he murmurs, staring out the city view again.

"When was this?"

Cade sighed. "Days ago."

"And we're only hearing about this now?" Andrei's voice raises an octave.

He shifted his eyes back to his brothers. "Quiet. I'm trying to think."

"Cade, she told you that and you're still here moping instead of making out with her?" Christian chuckles.

Vren regarded him with a cool smile. "You're overthinking, aren't you?"

"Rationalizing is not overthinking," he countered.

Christian nodded aggressively. "Yes, it is, dear brother. People use their brains for thinking, I totally get that. But do you know what's it called when they're overusing it? It's called 'overthinking' and that's what's happening in your head."