Part 1

"Hi"

His smile nearly had my knees buckling. 

"Are you speaking to me?"

"You're the only one here I see. You walk through the mall every Thursday round this time like clock work. Always avoiding eye contact, so I thought I would say hi."

He noticed me trying not to notice him. I blushed averting my eyes. This guy was well known here at the mall. Carried himself in a way that captured every girls attention. Not cocky, indeed, he wore a look of indifference and took his job as a seki (security) serious, never checking girls out or flirting like the other seki's did. Girls would make an excuse to come to the mall just to get a glimpse of him. I would cut through the mall to make my way home from the train station on a Thursday and grab dinner but I never knew he took notice of me. Why was he talking to me when he could talk to any other girl.

"Oh"

"You know my name."

Pointing at his badge.

** Nathaniel ** 

"May I know yours?"

"It's Shaye"

Nathaniel smiled extending his hand out for me to shake. I nervously extended mine for him.

"It's nice to meet you."

"No the pleasure is all mine. May I walk you to the exit?"

I smiled and nodded. We made our way to the other side of the mall where I exit to make my way home. Seems Nathaniel walking beside me caused a lot of questioning stares from girls. It made the burning question spill out.

"Why did you approach me? I mean, no thats not what I mean."

He smiled knowing how flustered I was.

"You really want to know why?"

I nodded my head slowly. He put his arm on my shoulder to stop me and face him. The butterflies in my stomach just increased tenfold being this close to him. He really was attractive....

"It's because..."

** Radio transmission **

"You need to check out the entrance to Woolworths. Over.."

He squeezed my shoulder gently. Never loosening his grip.

"Another time then"

He smiled almost making me drop to my knees. Before I knew it he slipped what looked like a card into the palm of my hand and turned to leave. I watched his back retrieving feeling less likely intrigued but more so annoyed with the fact that he didn't answer my question.

"Another time deeze!"

Spinning on my heels and headed in the opposite direction I looked at the card he slipped into my hand. It had his number on it...I made my way home never giving it another thought.