Episode 26 A scene in the forest

 The discussion was over for the time being, so my mother left to get some tea.

 My dad and I are left behind at the living room table.

"... Hey, Eric. I have something to ask you."

 My father cut out the story in a serious atmosphere.

"What do you want to hear ...?"

"Oh, that's right ... I don't know how to ask."

 After a little trouble, my dad asks me one question.

"--Did you know this monster attack?"

 My dad asked that question-I had the illusion that I had stopped breathing for a moment.

 The question was ... I was wondering what to do if it was asked long before the attack came.

 I don't know how to answer or what to say ...

 My dad looks straight into my eyes and waits for the answer to my question.

 I'm also looking at my dad's eyes, but ... I think I'll be distracted if I'm not careful.

"......I knew that"

 I honestly answered so.

 Even if i lie and say "I didn't know", then there is the a story of why the wall surrounding the village was prepared before the attack.(tl: so ITS mean even if he said he don't know, then why did he can prepare the wall beforehead)

 That was prepared by me a week ago.

 i might be able to lie that i didn't know if there is the wall, but that wall was absolutely necessary.

 I made that wall, knowing that I couldn't escape when such a question came up.

 I was prepared, but ... I don't really know what to answer after this.

"......Really"

 My dad closed his eyes when he said so to leak.

"I wanted to hear that much. The rest is good."

"eh......"

 I was skeptical of the words.

 why......? Do you have a lot to ask?

"Hmm? Why is it so strange not to ask?"

 Perhaps I could hear the voice of my heart, my dad said with a light laugh.

"No, well ..."

"I'm wondering why u knew it, but ... I don't want to be asked? It's written on your face."

 Is my face so easy to come out ...?

 I didn't expect to notice that.

"Without you, the village would have been destroyed. So I wouldn't ask. What would Serena say to you who saved the village?"