Stella and I headed to the jewelers and got the ring in the right size then headed home. We just spent the rest of the day hanging out and enjoying each other's company.

The Next Week
Stella's point of view
Today I am going back to work, I have so many feelings I don't even know what to think. I am excited but nervous because it's been awhile but also I am sad to leave my baby, but I know she'll be alright. I finished getting ready and walked into the living room where Kelly was with Leslie. The first thing I heard when I walked out was "I forgot how good you looked in those." Kelly said as he came up and kissed me. "Are we ready?" I asked him. "Totally, let's go." He said. We dropped Leslie off at the sitters then headed to the firehouse.

Nobody's point of view
Kelly and Stella arrived at the firehouse and walked in. They crossed the apparatus floor and passed the squad table but nobody was there. They walked in the common room and it was empty. "Maybe they're changing in the locker room." Stella said. "Maybe" Severide said.

Stella walked towards the kitchen when the door to the briefing room slammed open with everyone walking out screaming welcome back. Stella got so startled she jumped but then was laughing as everyone was hugging her. Brett gave her a big hug and said "I missed you bestie." "Aww. right back at you!" Stella said.

Everyone was just talking and celebrating Stella's return. Stella was walking to her bunk to put her stuff down when she saw Shay just sitting by herself on her bunk. Stella decided to got talk to her since she hadn't talked to her in weeks.

"Hey Shay." Stella said. Shay didn't say anything she just gave Stella a smile. Stella didn't want to push Shay but wanted to have a conversation with her to see what's been going on. "How have you been?" asked Stella. "Look you don't have to worry about me. I'm fine, great even." Shay said as she got up and walked out of the room. Stella just left it alone and went to the common room where everyone was.

Everyone was reading in the common room when the bells went off"truck 81, engine 51, ambulance 61. House Fire 2661 Walbash" They all rushed to the apparatus floor and put on their gear. "You ready Kidd?" Casey asked. "Always." Stella responded. Stella got in the truck and drove off. It felt good for Stella to be back in the truck and driving.

They arrived on scene and the house was in flames. A lady came running out saying her husband was in the basement and her daughter was upstairs. "Gallo, Kidd go find the daughter. Mouch with me let's go get the husband" Casey ordered. "Copy" Stella and Gallo said. "Ritter let's get a line upstairs to backup Kidd and Gallo." Herrmann ordered. "Copy that lieutenant" Ritter said and they all went to work.

Stella and Gallo were going up the stairs but they weren't that stable and there was a lot of smoke. Once they got upstairs they split up, Stella took 2 rooms and Gallo took 2 rooms. "Fire Department, Call Out" Stella and Gallo yelled. They both didn't hear anything until Stella listened closely and heard crying. "Gallo in here. I found her." Stella called over the radio. Gallo found Stella who was trying to get the little girl to come out from under the bed when they heard over the radio "Kidd Gallo get out now! The structure is unsafe." Casey said. Kidd and Gallo gave each other a look they both knew they couldn't leave her.

Stella then took off her mask to talk to the little girl. "Hey my name is Stella. I'm a firefighter, I know you're scared right now but you got to come with me." Stella said. The little girl still wasn't coming out. "Come on let's get you to your mommy. Come with me and you will be safe" Stella told her. The little girl finally came out right into Stella's arms. They carried her out and gave her to Brett and Shay so they could examine her. "Thank you. Thank you for saving my baby" The mother said while giving Stella a hug. Stella just had a smile on her face as they did overhaul and packed up to go back to the house.

"Great save Kidd" Casey said as they pulled up to the firehouse. They got out of the truck and started walking inside. "How was it?" Severide asked while sitting at the squad table. "Amazing she made a great save" Casey said. Severide got up and gave Stella a hug and kiss and they went inside.

The next morning
Stella's point of view
Kelly and I were leaving the station to pick up Leslie from the sitters. Today is the big day, Casey is going to propose to Brett! I could not be any happier for them. The plan was I was taking Brett out for lunch and to get our nails done while Kelly and Casey were going to set up the spot.

I had just left the house with Leslie to go and pickup Brett. All she knew was that we were going to have a girls day while Casey and Kelly had a guys day. "Hey girl!" I said to Brett as she got in the car. "Hey!" Brett said. We then drove off to enjoy our girls day.

Severide's point of view
Casey and I just had left to go to the spot were he was going to propose. We bought all the supplies like candles, roses, and little lights to hang up. We started decorating so that way Casey could go home and change before Stella brought Brett to the spot.

Nobody's point of view
The spot was all set up and Casey was waiting for Stella to bring Brett. Severide had left to go back home so Brett and Casey could have their moment together. Finally Brett and Stella arrived, Stella parked in the back so Brett couldn't see what was going on. Brett was so confused on where they were and kept asking "where are we going?" Stella just kept on telling her to trust her and just follow her. They approached the spot and Brett saw it was all lit up.

As soon as Brett recognized what was going on Stella left. Brett looked around she was so amazed and in awe. Then Casey walked out from behind a bush were he was hiding. "Hey beautiful" He said with a huge smile on his face. "Hey" Brett said as her eyes filled with tears. Brett walked down towards where Casey was, Casey took her hand and got down on his knee. "Sylvie, these past months with you have been amazing and I am so happy with you. Whenever you look at me I just smile and think how am I so lucky to have you? I love you more then words can describe and hope you will make me an even happier man then I am now. Will you marry me?" Casey said. Casey took his hand and wiped the tears going down Brett's face. "Yes!!!" Brett said. Casey put the ring on her finger then got up and kissed her. They then went home and enjoyed their magical night together.

Authors Note
Thanks for reading! Next part comes out Friday!