the kiss

the door swings open bringing the two boys face to face. both have a nervous expression on their face. kenma goes red and looks at the wall next to them. he finally breaks the silence.

"what are you doing here Kuro". he sounds hurt and shaken up a bit. the tall dark haired boy steps into the room and shuts the door behind him. Kenma backs up a bit and looks up at him.

Kuro grabs Kenma by the wrist and pulls him on the floor to sit down. Ken keeps his gaze on the floor.

"Kenma, we should talk". The blond boy sighs and looks to the left a bit before speaking.

"i knew i'd have to talk to you eventually. i just thought i could go a little longer before i had to actually see you". Kenma sits in silence waiting to hear something along the lines of "Kenma, i'm sorry. i just don't like you in that way". but instead, the silence is brought out for a few minutes.

the two sit awkwardly on the floor, both avoiding eye contact. Kenma breaks the silence once more.

"i'm sorry Kuro" he mumbled softly. "if you don't wanna be friends anymore, i get it."

kenma looks away as tears start to trail down his cheeks.

"Kenma", Kuroo whispers softly.

"no no. you don't even have to say anything. i don't know what's wrong with me". he looks up at Kuroo with glassy eyes.

"no, Kenma. that's not what i came here to say". Kuroo attempts to sooth the quiet boy, who just looks at the floor awkwardly.

"i didn't come here to reject you Kenma. i didn't come here to tell you that it's weird that you like me like that. if i was weirded out by it, i wouldn't have come to see you", he says whole heartedly.

"so what. you came here to tell me that you're okay with me being gay, and that you support me, but you just don't like me like that". Kenma continues looking at the floor. he has a sad look in his eyes. but also a spark of anger. like he's mad at himself.

"kenma. look at me", Kuroo says softly, gently placing a hand on the smaller boys arm. the blond struggles to meet his gaze, but eventually looks up into the older boys eyes.

"kenma, remember that night in your room, when you asked me what a soulmate is?", the raven haired boy says softly but sternly. the small setter nods, still looking into his eyes.

"i've thought about that night a lot lately. and what i said. i said that a soulmate is someone you live for and look forward to. your person. your other half. someone you wanna be with for the rest of your life". ken attempts to look down, but Kuro lifts his chin so he's forced to make eye contact.

"it's you, Ken". Kenma tilts his head at the older male, confused.

"i thought about it. and it's you. that's what i came here to tell you. you're my person Kenma. i thought about it a lot. and you're that person". he brushes Kenma's hair behind his ear, which makes him blush.

"i think you're my soulmate", Kuro whispers softly. Kenma blushes again, and opens his mouth to say something, but Kuroo cuts him off before he has the chance to speak. he places both hands around the smaller boys wrists, and  pulls him closer until their faces are just an inch apart. as he watches the blond boy blush for a second, he places one hand on Kenma's cheek, and presses their lips together softly.

Kenma melts into the kiss for a couple of seconds before putting a hand on Kuro's chest and shoving him away. he backs up a bit and stares at Kuro in confusion. is this even real. maybe i'm dreaming. or maybe it's a joke or something. but then he decided to take a chance and places both hands on Kuro's shoulders. he smashes their lips together again. the force causes them both to fall back, with Kenma on top of the larger male. their lips are still locked with passion. Kenma can feel Kuro smiling into the kiss, and it send chills down his spine.

finally, after around 45 seconds, the two break from the passionate kiss. kenma looks at Kuro with uncertainty.

"what about emica?" he says confused. the dark haired boy explains the phone call, and how they broke up. and Kenma responds by smiling and pulling him into another long kiss.