Chapter 2: 'You Again'

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, sis," She said with a wink. Amity had finished the muffin and washed her hands. "Hey, where's Ed?" Amity asked, confused about her brother's whereabouts. "Probably still sleeping, he was up talking to Jerbo all night again," Em said, rolling her eyes. Amity chuckled and grabbed her coat that was hanging on the coat rack. She checked the time on her phone, it read 11:30 AM. "I'm going with Boscha to the mall, call if you need anything," She said waving back to her sister. "Stay safe, don't do drugs!" She yelled back playfully. Amity rolled her eyes and walked out of the house. She made her way down the driveway and on the sidewalk. Amity walked down to Boscha's house, listing to some music on her headphones. She hummed the tune as she looked at the trees, the leaves were turning all different shades of orange and red, they were absolutely beautiful.

Amity had made it to the pink-haired girl's house. She knocked on the front door softly, waiting for someone to answer. She waited for a couple of seconds before the door swung opened, revealing a slightly annoyed Boscha. She wore light-washed jeans and a pair of white, high-top vans. A black shirt was under her letterman jacket and her hair in a usual bun. "I hate little kids," she grumbled. "I can tell," Amity said, crossing her arms. "I'M GOING OUT MOM, CALL IF YOU NEED ANYTHING, LOVE YOU" Boscha screamed out, closing the door. She let out a sigh and a deep breath. "Ok, I'm good now," She said with a small smile. Amity chuckle and began walking, Boscha keeping up with her pace. "I invited WIllow, is that ok?" Boscha asked shyly, she didn't know what Amity would say. "Yeah it's cool, I can tease you both now," Amity said. Boscha pushed her slightly, "You better not make her leave, I will personally murder you," Boscha said in a dead-serious tone. "Jeez, lighten up a bit Bosh," She said, thumping the back of her head.

Boscha rolled her eyes. "Don't think I forgot about scoop girl yesterday, you looked like a tomato every time she would look at you," Boscha said with a sly tone. Amity's face slightly flushed at the thought of the girl. She held her head low and tried to hide it, Boscha laughed next to her. "Her name is Luz, by the way," Amity said, kicking a rock in front of her. "Yeah, whatever, scoop girl is her new nickname," Boscha said with a smirk. They talked for the rest of the way to the mall. It was about 12:15 by the time they got there. Not many people were there, just a couple of groups from different schools. Amity and Boscha walked inside, seeing the fountain in the middle. "Willow said she'll be here in about 5 minutes," Boscha said, looking at their messages. "Can't wait to talk to her again, it's been a while," Amity said.

Willow went to Hexside, but she and Amity didn't have any classes together. They used to talk to one another in grade school and some of middle school, but they kinda just grew each other out. Amity and Boscha waited for the girl to show up, Boscha was rocking back and forth on her heels nervously. Amity looked over at her, "Why you so nervous, Does she have a spell on you or something?" Amity said playfully. "Shut It! I could say the same for you," She exclaimed. Amity rolled her eyes, and then a girl turned the corner of the mall. She wore a red beanie and round glasses. She had on jeans at were cuffed at the bottom and white converse. A redshirt with roses on it that was under her khaki jacket. She waved to Boscha and ran over to them. "Hey, guys," she said with a warm smile. She wrapped Boscha in a hug, making her tense up a bit. When she pulled away, she faced Amity. "Hey Am, it's been a while," She said. "Yeah, but this idiot here talks about you every day," She said, pushing Boscha.

She saw as her friends turned red with anger, and embarrassment. Willow laughed next to them, "Is that true Boscha?" She asked with a sly tone. "I- Uhm...maybe," Boscha said uncertainly. Amity laughed at the girls behind her, "Your flirting is making me want to barf" Amity said playfully, earning a low grumble from Boscha. The three continued walking through the mall, checking out all the stores, and basically window shopping for now. Boscha had bought Willow a tiny seal plush, which she loved. Amity rolled her eyes at the 2 and looked around for herself. She wanted some new hoodies since it was about to be colder. Winter came fast in the Boiling Isles.