Chapter 5

Today, it was Yamuraiha and Sharrkan's turn to watch over the kitten, which we all know wouldn't end too good...

"SHUT THE HELL UP AND LET ME WORK, SHARRKAN!" Yamuraiha yelled. Sharrkan slumped over in his chair, pouting. He turned to the child next to him, who was reading something.

"Whatcha readin' kid?" He asked. Jafar huffed.

"Some novel about a man who's mentality is one of a 3 year old..." He told the older male. Sharrkan chuckled.

"Man! That guy must be pretty weird!" Jafar sighed, shaking his head and rolling his eyes. Yamuraiha snickered. "Hey! What are you snickering about, Yam!?" Sharrkan demanded.

"Oh nothing." She then turned around, sticking her hand out for Jafar to take, to which, he did. She examined it closely, trying to find any imprints on it. There was nothing. She put her free hand up to Jafar's forehead, checking his temperature. He was warm, but not too warm. "What's the last thing you remember before you um... blacked out?" Jafar thought for a moment.

"Rurumu telling me that I was going to be an older brother... I don't know, sometimes memories I know are mine that I didn't remember just pop out of nowhere." Yamuraiha nodded, removing her hand from Jafar's forehead. Sharrkan placed his hand over the spot Yamuraiha had her hand on. "Hm?" Jafar questioned the older male.

"Hey, I'm also worried about you, kid." Jafar huffed, moving Sharrkan's hand off of his forehead.

"Fuck off..." He mumbled. Yamuraiha suddenly started to hum, moving her head side to side. Then she turned back around, holding up a container of some sorts.

"I need you to open your mouth for me." She instructed. Jafar nodded, opening his mouth. She plopped the container in his mouth, waited a few seconds for saliva to trail into it, then removed it. "You can close your mouth now." Jafar nodded again. After a few more seconds, Yamuraiha turned back to the pair of boys. "This is going to take a while, why don't you tell us about Rurumu?" Jafar tilted his head.

"Sin hasn't told you yet?" He asked. Yam shook her head, shrugging. Sharrkan looked down a little, his shoulders slumping. "Well, she was my step-mom, I suppose. She took me in when I joined Sin and taught me everything I needed to know! Although, I'd say I need a lot more work... I can't wait for her to come home with Vittel and Mahad!" Jafar jumped up, punching the air around him. "Hina is her husband. Usually I'd get nightmares and she'd comfort me. She knew I was scared of the dark... so she'd usually have Sin sleep with me. It was embarrassing at first, but I got used to it. I never really had a mom in my life... or, at least, I barely remember my real mom. She died when I was 6..." (he's not mentioning how he killed her) A small tear fell from Jafar's right eye. He wiped it away, sniffling. Yamuraiha sat down next to him, putting her arm around his shoulders. Sharrkan rubbed the smaller boys back gently, something that shocked Yam.

"Who's Vittel and Mahad? I've never heard of them." Yamuraiha asked. Sharrkan's eyes, once again, dropped. Jafar smiled at both of them, grabbing Sharrkan's hand and making it reach out as long as it could. Then he had Yam act like she was really strong.

"Shark is Vittel, Yam is Mahad." Sharrkan huffed at his new nickname but kept his arm up. "Mahad was a really nice guy, although he never talked. He was really bulky and strong, like Ma-ser-u."

"Masur." Yamuraiha corrected. Jafar nodded and turned to Sharrkan. His smile stayed on his face, but his eyes lowered.

"Vittel... he was... he was really cool and nice! I really looked up to him and all that stuff... I-I... Really miss him though..." Tears rolled down Jafar's cheeks, which were red from embarrassment about crying. Now, you'd expect Yamuraiha to burst down to comfort the crying child first, but Sharrkan was there before her, soothing the poor boy. Yamuraiha got down next to the pair, patting Jafar's head. Jafar hugged Sharrkan, crying into his shoulder. "I want them to come home...! I want to go back to the ship and complain about learning! I miss them, yet Sin says they're away...! I'm scared...! I don't understand...! I know something isn't right, but I don't know...! Please... I just want to go home..." Jafar's eyes slowly closed, his body growing limp as he fell into Sharrkan's arms.

Sharrkan looked at Yamuraiha, who had her hand on the now unconscious boy's back. Oh. She had put him asleep. "I think it's best if he sleeps for a little. Let's take him back to his room."

"But didn't he mention that he's scared of the dark? What if he wakes up in the dark and we're not there?" Yamuraiha sighed, looking at her experiments. "What matters most? Finding a way to get him back to normal or comforting him when he needs it?" Yamuraiha chuckled, standing up and helping her (secret) boyfriend up. They both walked down to Jafar's room.

Once they arrived there, they placed the sleeping kitten on its bed. Jafar grumbled something under his breath but otherwise was still asleep. Sharrkan laid down next to Jafar while Yamuraiha laid on the other side of him. "You know, I never thought I'd see the day where we sleep with a child in between us. I'm kinda jealous of Rurumu and Hinahoho right now." Yamuraiha whispered. Sharrkan chuckled.

"Well, from my memory, Jafar was really close to Rurumu, not much of Hina. But he was always trying to be near Vittel, always excited for what he was doing. I wonder what their relationship was like." Yamuraiha raised a brow.

"That's right, you knew him a little from back then, right?" Sharr nodded. "Do you know what happened to them?" Sharrkan looked down, checking to see if the baby between them was still asleep. He nodded, leaning in to whisper in Yam's ear.

"They're dead..." He whispered. Yamuraiha gasped, covering her mouth and looking down at Jafar with wide eyes. "They died in war..." Yam nodded slowly, stroking Jafar's white locks.

"We should talk about this another time." She said as she kissed Sharrkan on the cheek, laying down. Sharrkan did the same, overlapping his hand with Yam's and making sure to also be hugging Jafar closely to both of them. Then they both closed their eyes, going to sleep.

Yes, I am putting it right now as Yamuraiha and Sharrkan as Jafar's somewhat parents. I feel as if he was younger then they would be his parents. (If that makes sense)