✐Chapter Three

Dream smiled at George. They had made the walk to the library, listening to George ramble about some book. He honestly didn't remember any of it, he never remembers.

He was pretty sure that George started to ramble on about a different book, maybe it was a series? But it didn't matter what George was rambling on about, he just loved how he would seem so much at peace.

Not worrying about his surroundings, his main concern being if Dream was even paying attention to his talking. Getting all pouty when Dream couldn't list five things he had said, it was just all too adorable to Dream.

They were now at a table, food in front of them. They went to a restaurant that was near the library. Dream smiled to himself, staring at George who was across the small table. He had his book open, too busy reading the contents inside and not eating.

"Georgie." Dream said, wanting George to eat.

"Hm?" George asked, not looking up from the book. Whatever was happening in the book kept George distracted from what he should really be doing. Eating.

"Look up." George looked up at him, giving him a look. Like the look you wanted to tell them that you're busy, but you were still open to hear what they wanted to say. "You have to eat Georgie."

George moved his book to look at the food in front of him. "Oh." He just muttered, before looking back up at a chuckling Dream. "Yeah, sorry." George muttered and placed his bookmark into the book and setting it down.

Dream nodded. His food was in a paper bag, since he hid his face behind his mask, he didn't take it off to eat in public. He'd just prefer to eat the food at home. Away from society.

Expect for George of course, he didn't mind eating in front of George. He hadn't cared for a while, so he didn't see a reason to start caring. The only reason he allowed George to be around while he ate was because his mask.

No one else was allowed to see his face, only George. And he was going to keep it that way. George started to eat, staring back at Dream. And it wasn't obvious, there was a mask covering it of course, but Dream was smiling to himself.

George wasn't, he was just eating. Bringing his gaze to somewhere. Dream caught on, he didn't like being stared at. He looked away as well, not too far away so he could still see George in the corner of his eye.
But enough so George could feel more comfortable.

George noticed this gesture and smiled a bit, continuing to eat what was in front of him. And soon enough, they were leaving the restaurant, George holding his book and reading it.

Dream had his food in one hand and his hand on George's sleeves, staring ahead of them. Heading back towards their home, Dream was smiling to himself. He was glad George was happy now, it just brought Dream so much joy seeing George so happy.

They walked silently together, this time was a comfortable silence. He was happy that he could give George this kind of life. Something to look forward to, and not have to fear.

And, as the moment he loved so much got ruined, George had dropped his book. He let out a scream, George was startled and hurt. And on instinct, Dream pulled George close to him using his sleeve.

George let him, even through his shock knew Dream was protecting him, not trying to hurt him. George felt arms wrap around him, comforting him silently. And wanting more comfort without saying anything, he hid his face in his boyfriend's hoodie.

After couple seconds, he looked up to see him. He wished he could see his face right now, but was met with his ":)" mask, green smoke escaping through the eyes. Dream was using his powers now.