Tutorial

Chapter 3

Whoever desires to become a god, climb up The Tower!

* * *

[You have now arrived at floor 0, The Tutorial Hall.]

*Swoosh*

Yeon-woo frowned due to the bright light that pierced his eyes.

His eyes were tingling and his vision was shaking violently. He felt dizzy as if he was going through a high-altitude flight.

[Your trait Cold-blooded has helped you maintain composure]

He felt something wriggling inside his body, holding the previously spinning world straight. The motion sickness soon subsided.

Yeon-woo was able to look around more comfortably.

He found himself in a passage that ran all the way in a straight line.

The walls were made of hard stone, and the ceiling was studded with stones emitting light at regular intervals.

But overall, the light was too dim, so he could only see things two meters ahead.

Beyond that was all darkness.

Im really in

Yeon-woo clenched his fists. It was the same scenery he saw from the diary.

The Tower serves both as a gateway and as a trial to test the participants that wish to become a god. Naturally, The Tower refuses to accept anybody and everybody, so the trial takers have to prove themselves worthy.

The place to test such qualifications is the tutorial, often called floor 0.

Beyond this place, are the people who hurt Jeong-woo.

Yeon-woo that, just by closing his eyes, he could recall the numerous scenes he had seen in the diary, the ones who had betrayed his brother and drove him to death.

But he didnt get agitated. He kept his head as cool as he could.

Just wait a little. Ill be there soon.

To enter the tower, the first thing he had to do was to pass the tutorial with a high score.

It couldnt just be a high score.

An overwhelmingly high score. I have to take the first place.

Of course, it wasnt going to be easy.

The Tower is connected to numerous dimensions, spaces and worlds, and among them, only those who are highly capable have the chance to participate as players.

Yeon-woo could also be considered strong if only looking at his planet Earth.

But the universe was infinitely wide, and so were the strong.

Yeon-woo, who had focused only on physical abilities and instinctive senses, had many weak points compared to the already existing players. If he tried to get through the tutorial like this, he would be dead without even being able to take a few steps.

However,

The tutorial, at the same time, is a place where I can obtain that kind of qualification.

His brother have had a very weak body before climbing the tower. Nevertheless, he proved himself by passing the tutorial, and ended up achieving the incredible feat of reaching sixth place in the rankings within the shortest amount of time ever.

The tutorial isnt just a test for physical abilities. It tests various aspects such as players talent, judgement, agility, resourcefulness, and decisiveness. It summed up the results, and rated the players.