Chapter Six: Camp Half Blood

|| Hey, sorry I haven't updated in a LOOOOOOONG time. I know how much you guys like this story, so I came back after those busy two months with a long awaited update. Hopefully there won't be another long break like this again. Enjoy the chapter! -Hannah ||

The bus ride to camp was long and grueling. Our vehicle bounced and wobbled the whole journey down the dirt road. We all flew out of our seats at one time or another. We looked like we were all popcorn kernels, popping in the microwave. A few embarrassing times, I would fall across Percy's lap, followed by giggles from Piper. With a red face, I would re situate myself in my own seat and send a menacing glare towards Piper.

I eventually drifted off and closed my eyes, unaware of the fact that my head fell onto Percy's shoulder. A few moments later, I was being shaken awake. The thought of opening my eyes horrified me, so I dug my face further into Percy's shirt. "Hey, Wise Girl," Percy whispered gently. "You need to wake up. We're at camp, you are going to love the view!" Anything for Percy. I sat up, stretched my arms above my head, and got my first look at our camp.

Strawberries dotted the bright green fields that stretched for miles. A glistening lake shone in the distance. Plus, there was a perfect view of the mountains that towered over us. It was beautiful. I reached for Percy's hand and our fingers immediately entangled. Hand in hand, we exited the bus and headed off to explore our surroundings.

The seven of us traveled in a herd, struggling to find our cabin. Whatever idiot let Leo lead was definitely regretting it now. We had made so many wrong turns, it felt like we had been walking for ages. Finally Piper was so fed up that she marched over to Leo, tore the map out of his hands, and proceeded to lead us in the right direction. Thank the gods that I have Piper in my life.

We entered the doors of our cabin and my jaw dropped to the floor. This wasn't a cabin! It was a woodland mansion! Percy and I were itching to go explore, but our friends blocked our path. Then I realized that all five of them were staring at Percy and I's still attached hands. "What?" I asked in a rather annoyed tone. "Nothing..." Hazel said as her and Piper shared a giggle. Frank, Leo, and Jason shared an interesting look, then we all proceeded to explore our house.

The cabin consisted of a cozy family room complete with a large, tan couch and furry pillows. The rustic fireplace was surrounded by brick and the mantel held sweet smelling candles. The family room lead into a simple kitchen which held a mini fridge filled with an abundance of snacks. My stomach growled at the thought of food, but Percy and I continued on our journey and darted down the hallway.

There we found two bedrooms, each with French doors that stood ajar, allowing us to see the rooms' contents. Each room had twin sized beds perfectly numbered to fit my friends and I. Releasing Percy's hand, I followed Hazel and Piper as they entered the room on the left. I flopped down on a bed and closing my eyes, I thought to myself, "This is going to be the best camping trip ever."

|| I don't own the Percy Jackson series or characters. These belong to Rick Riordan. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next one will be up soon.||