Chapter 1: 'Sweet Spot'

Start from the beginning

Amity had laughed and faced the front as the bell rang. The substitute went to the front of the class. "Hello students, I'm Mr. Gonzales but you can just call me Mr. G," he said with a playful voice. "We are watching a video for today, so take notes if you want, and if not, just make sure you pay attention." He said, walking over to turn off the lights. The room went pitch back for a second before the light illuminated from the screen on the projector. The video began to play and the teacher sat back at the desk.

Boscha pulled out her phone and scrolled through Instagram, she didn't like this subject at all. Amity looked over at her and rolled her eyes. "I'm not gonna give you answers forever ya' know," Amity said, pushing down her phone. Boscha looked at Amity, "We both know you will," She said with a smirk. Amity let out a huff and faced the front again. The video played and she took notes, making sure to write down the important stuff. When the video ended, there were only 5 minutes left of class. Mr. G had let the students be on their phones for the remainder of the class.

Amity had done that, taking out her phone and scrolling through all her social media. The bell rang loudly, making her jump from her seat. She picked up her notebook and placed it neatly in her backpack. She and Boscha walked out together, being met by the sound of loud chatter again. Boscha put her phone back in her pocket, "Hey Am, do you want to go get ice cream after practice? I really don't want to go home," Boscha asked, basically pleading. "Why don't you wanna go home?" Amity responded back in a confused tone. "My mom has to take care of my annoying cousins this weekend, they're a pain," Boscha growled, her fist clenching. Amity thought about her schedule for the day, she didn't really have anything to do after practice. It was a Friday, and her weekend was going to be boring either way.

"Sure, I'll go with you," Amity said, giving Boscha a small smile. The pink-haired girl's face lit up and she grasped Amity's arm. "Blight, you are literally a lifesaver," Boscha said. Amity flipped her hair sarcastically, "I know I am," she said playfully. Boscha let go of the girl, cringing a bit. "Don't get too full of yourself there, Mittens" she said. Amity went red with anger as she faced Boscha. "I thought we said you weren't going to call me that anymore," She said sternly. Boscha laughed and patted the back of Amity's back. "I know, it's just funny to see you're mad face," she said, still wheezing. Amity let out a huff and continued walking.

They had separated ways as they walked to the 2nd period. Amity had History next, which was her second favorite subject. As she walked, she was cat-called by the jocks, them saying inappropriate things that made Amity want to punch them in the face. But, she kept her cool and walked towards the class. She walked into the warm room and sat down in her usual seat. She didn't really talk to anyone in this class besides Skara. She was a mutual friend, but she had her own group she hung out with.

When the class was over, Amity headed to the 3rd period. Mrs. Clawthorne taught this class, which was language arts. Mrs. Clawthorne was a family friend and had to know Amity since she was a little kid. She knew Amity like the back of her hand.

Amity gave her a wave as she walked in, she noticed Boscha already sitting down and having her stuff out. Amity walked over and sat down next to her, "You're early today" Amity said, placing down her own books on the desk. Boscha seems to be pulled out of a trance and faced Amity, "huh..oh yeah, I just didn't want to be trampled in the halls" Boscha said. Amity nodded and faced forward as the bell rang. The class had gone smoothly, with Amity answering questions and writing down things in her notes. When the bell rang, she was quick to pack up and walk out with Boscha. It was lunchtime, which meant rush hour.

Amity and Boscha walked through the halls, making sure not to be run over but the taller people. They had made their way to the lockers, putting in their backpacks and walking back to the cafeteria. Amity and Boscha day at their own table in the back. People would sometimes join them, but today they didn't. Boscha continued the ramble about Willow, and how she was in her mind 24/7. Amity laughed at her friend's wittiness, making sure to tease her about the girl.