𝐗𝐋𝐕. LINE WITHOUT A HOOK

Beginne am Anfang

Henry sneered. "So this is your dick appointment? You've really downgraded," he noted. "Can't say I'm surprised, you never seem to know a good thing from a bad one."

Techno clenched his jaw. The insult to him didn't make a dent in his pride, but the one directed at Rowan certainly had his blood boiling. "I suggest you leave," he said darkly, his voice lowering, "before I make you."

Henry took a step forward. "And who do you think you are?"

"Someone who isn't afraid to get arrested," Techno spat, mirroring Henry's action. Rowan put a hand on his arm, a gentle tug bringing Techno back to reality. He wasn't in America, and if he got arrested now, he wouldn't be able to apologize to Rowan properly. He needed to walk on thin ice here.

Henry glanced between the two of them, finally realizing that he wasn't going to get to Rowan today.

And if Techno had any say in it, ever.

"Have fun with the disappointment."

With that, Henry stormed out of the apartment, slamming the door shut behind him. The way Rowan jumped was nearly enough for Techno to follow after Henry and do a little more than giving him a piece of his mind, but he held himself back when he remembered that right now,

Rowan needed him.

Techno let Rowan to the couch, sitting down in the corner. Rowan sat beside him and immediately pulled Techno close to him, shivering. Techno wrapped his arms around Rowan as gently as he could.

"It's okay, I'm here. Everything is fine. You're okay, I'm okay, we're okay," Techno murmured softly.

Techno held Rowan as he trembled, heart falling as he heard Rowan's desperate sob, muffled by his chest. If he hadn't been there . . . no, he didn't even want to think about it. He didn't want to think about Rowan being hurt in the one place he was meant to feel safe, and he certainly didn't want to think about what would have happened if he had been just a few minutes late. The thought alone was enough to make him freeze up.

Rowan pulled away, wiping his eyes. Techno gently placed his hands against Rowan's cheeks, using his thumbs to wipe away the stay tears. Rowan stared at him brokenly, as if he expected Techno to disappear.

Techno broke. "I'm— I'm so sorry," he whispered, voice shaking. Rowan closed his eyes tightly as more tears fell, then pulled Techno into another hug. Techno buried his face into Rowan's shoulder, taking in a shuddering breath as he tried not to fall apart.

All he could do was think, his mind racing with a million thoughts, trying to find something to distract himself from his heavy heart. For some reason, his brain landed on the fact that neither of them had locked the door, and considering the situation Techno had just walked in on, he thought it would be best to get up and lock the dangers outside.

He paused when Rowan's grabbed his hand, a desperate, wild look in his eyes. "Please— please don't leave, please, I can't— I can't be alone right now, Techno, I can't—"

"Hey, hey, hey," Techno murmured, putting a hand against Rowan's cheek. "I'm just going to lock the door. Five seconds, okay? I'm not going to leave you." Hesitantly, Rowan nodded, letting go of his hand. Techno got up and quickly locked the front door before sitting down again. He held out his hands and Rowan immediately laced their fingers together. Techno didn't like how much Rowan was shaking.