Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine : Awesome Opinion

"So, Pottah, what's your secret?"

~ Third Person ~

The four students walked side by side silently as they moved down the stairs and into the dark and cold dungeons. They all either looked ahead of them or down at their feet without their normal cheerful aura that always followed them wherever they went.

Their silence didn't go unnoticed by the people walking past them, who started to whisper about their strange behaviour, making up strange ideas as to what might've caused their excitement to suddenly evaporate into thin air.

Maybe Mcgonagall used the silencing charm on them?

Their planning a prank, that's what they're doing!

What if they're actually being serious about something?

The last one was the craziest rumour that any person could ever come up with. There were a lot more other weird theories that came to everyone's minds, but none of them came close to the truth... well except for one but it wasn't said out-loud.

Whilst the four walked along side each other, two mysterious students couldn't help but follow close behind them. Sure, they had the same class as the four boys so it didn't really count as stalking, but by the way they were walking, you'd think they'd drank a shrinking potion by accident. They were walking very slowly in a crouched position as if that officially made them invisible to the human eye.

As the boys turned a corner the two girls rose slowly into a standing position and pressed their backs against a brick wall. Since they were down in the dungeons, not many people walked past them, actually, the halls were deserted so no one could give them questioning looks.

The h/c turned to her partner in crime and motioned her head in the direction that the four boys had just disappeared to. The blonde rolled her eyes and let out an exasperated sigh as her friend peered out to see if the coast was clear.

"This is so stupid!" the Malfoy girl whispered in an annoyed tone. "Why are we even spying on them? Shouldn't we be preparing for tonight instead?"

"Well... yes, but I just have to know what they're up to!" the Hale girl whispered back, turning back to look at her unamused friend.

"Again, this is stupid. It's a big waste of time too. Nyx needs our help and here we are, spying on some stupid boys who all share a brain cell with each other." Stacey said, rolling her eyes at her determined friend.

"Yeah, well," Y/n started, turning back to peer around the wall and slowly walking out into the empty hallway. "I need to know. You can go back to Tina and help her –"

"Hem, hem." Y/n was interrupted by a small and annoying cough that sounded very forced.

Y/n and Stacey turned around quickly, slightly jumping in the process as they were met with sparkling green eyes that were slightly narrowed. The girl in front of them had flaming red hair that was put into a high ponytail. Y/n knew exactly who it was. Well, not by name, but she knew it was the same red head that Potter seemed to like to spy on. She was also the girl that Potter probably stalked whilst she, Y/n, waited for him in the library.