Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen : Crazy Lady

" I see their stupid little faces everytime I close my eyes."

A/n: I edited the end bit. If you've already read the chapter but want to see the new part I've marked it with a little '——' thingy.

~ Third Person ~

"I think I'm going crazy." Y/n said as she slammed her hands on the Ravenclaw table, settling herself down next to Stacey and startling Tina who had been intently reading a book before she had been rudely disturbed. Her gesture had earned Y/n a glare from Tina in return for her interruption.

Y/n ignored Tina's petty glare and focused on grabbing any food that was closes to her. She felt like she hadn't eaten for days, which was weird, since she remembered very clearly eating a whole roll of garlic bread and a big pot of soup just a few hours ago.

Stacey raised her eyebrow at her friend's comment, her and Tina giving each other the same discreet look of what must of have been amused annoyance.

Stacey cleared her throat, turning her attention to the starving girl next to her. "Weren't you anyway?" Stacey commented, an amused smirk on her face as her h/c friend glared at her.

Y/n deciding to ignore her friend's comment, continued on with her story.

"I keep seeing this boy–"

"So, Potter?" Stacey interrupted, nibbling on a bit of bread as she stared at her friend innocently.

Y/n choked on her feast, coughing aggressively as she tried to find air so she could breath. After an excessively long coughing fit, Y/n finally looked at her friend who was still trying hard not to laugh and look as honest as she could.

"Hh-whot? Potter? Why would this have anything to do with that annoying lump of skin cells?" Y/n asked, trying to sound as offended as she could. The question had definitely startled her and she was embarrassed by the fact that hearing Potter's name actually made her face feel warm.

"Well, I mean you're obsessed with him, aren't you?" Stacey said, hiding her smirk behind a roll of garlic bread.

"Wha? No... I never... why would..." Y/n stuttered, feeling her face getting warmer by the second.

Stacey's smirk widened. "I mean you always talk about him. And you always find ways to bring him into the conversation." It was done. Y/n was officially a professional beetroot. "Oh, and you stalk him. Constantly."

"I do no such thing!" Y/n shouted, her voice weirdly higher than normal.

"You so do! I mean the only reason we even got detention on Tuesday was because you were too busy stalking Potter!" Stacey countered, a pleased smile on her face.

"It's... it's not like that. At all. You got it all wrong. You're crazy, man. Cray-zee!" Y/n said, feeling her whole body warm up at the accusation being thrown at her.

Stalking Potter? Never! Liking Potter? Never! In! A! Million! Years!

"Fine. If you weren't stalking him then what were you doing?"

"I was... I wanted... to know what he was... up to..." Y/n said hesitantly, looking down at the table, trying to find something to occupy her so she wouldn't have to look at her annoying friend.

"Oh really? Well that sounds like stalking to me."

"No... I just... I..." Y/n whispered.

Stacey raised her brows victoriously, a proud smile on her face as she leaned her ear closer to Y/n to hear her better.