Chapter 2

Elizabeth's pov

He grabbed me by my waist and spun me round so I was facing him, he punched me in the face.

I fell onto the floor holding the side of my face, I felt warm liquid there; blood. He hovered over me and punched me in the side again.

After he walked away from me a little bit I quickly gripped the lamp from the table and smashed it over his head.

I didn't look back at him I just grabbed my car keys and ran out the door; I ran to my black car in the drive and unlocked it.

I quickly hopped in the drivers seat and turned on the engine; I drove away as fast as I could.

Once i was sure I was far enough i looked at the time on the dash board; 5:45 pm.

I know exactly where to go; the only family I have left, the only friends I have are all in mystic falls. So that's where I went.

I drove for about half an our till finally I got to my old family house.

I parked on the side of the street and ran towards the door; I don't know why I'm still rushing about everywhere but I'm still a little shaken up.

I locked the car quickly and knocked on the front door.

I hear voices inside two I recognised and two I didn't.

The door opened and there stood an older version than Jeremy than I remembered.

"Hi jer" I said casually like I'm not beaten all over.

I probably look like a wreck, he let out a gasp when he realised it was me and opened the door to let me in.

I smiled at him and walked in the house, it doesn't look different from when I left.

He took my hand gently and brought me to the living room where I saw Elena and two other men who I didn't recognise.

Elena looked up at me and gasped.

"Oh my god! El! What happened to you" Elena said as she walked up to me and brought me into a hug.

Ok lie. It's not that hard just think of a good lie. I looked around the room and the two men were looking at me with confusion. I take it my sister didn't mention me.

"I-I um.. I broke up with Jason and I got mugged while walking down the street earlier and this was the first place I thought of. I didn't have anywhere else to go lena. Can I stay here for a bit?" I asked her hopefully.

"Yes yes of course, sit down! Jeremy get the first aid kit" she said.

I watched jeremy walk to the kitchen while Elena led me to the couch, I sat down and winced from the bruise forming on my back.

"Do you want water or anything?" She asked while sitting next to me.

I shook my head and looked at the two me; Elena followed my like of sight and let out an 'o' sound.

"El this is Alaric, he's living here for a bit. He was jennas boyfriend! And that's Damon he's just there" she glared at the dark brown haired man watching me with a small smirk on his face.

He got up and stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"Damon Salvatore. I'm....friends with Elena" he said confidently.

I giggled at the look on my sisters face; somewhere between disgusted and shocked.

I shook his hand with a small smile; which I regretted because it hurt. I gasped when I got the feeling of death when we touched.

"Elizabeth Gilbert. Elena's sexy sister. You can call me lizzy or Eliza... or something" I laughed.

He chuckled and looked at me a little.

"Why'd you gasp?" He questioned tilting his head to the side like an adorable puppy.

"Your a vampire" I shrugged.

Everyone around the room looked at me shocked while Damon just smirked again and went and sat down drinking a small glass of Bourbon.

He hummed and watched as Jeremy finally came back from getting the first aid kit.

"Are you ok el?" My brother questioned giving the first aid kit to Elena.

"Yep just soar" I shrugged wincing as she dabbed my cuts muttering apologies.

"Sooo.. how'd you know he's a vampire" questioned the other dude... I think his name was something weird like alaerick... or something... maybe Alaric... yep that was it.

"Well I'm a witch. So I can feel that kinda. I just get a feeling. But don't ask me to do magic because I can't" I said sternly.

Damon hummed again and Elena looked confused, jeremy just went somewhere probably his room and Alaric also looked confused so I elaborated.

"I don't have my own magic but I can borrow it of other witches or supernatural things.. dunno why" I explained.

Everyone seemed to just accept it so Elena went back to dealing with my injuries and Damon eventually left.

I have to admit he is quite hot but he's not really a nice person. He's a bit of a dick.

After a while Alaric went to bed and so did Jeremy, Elena helped me pull the ladder connected to the ceiling down so I could go into my own room.

I have like an attic room because the spare room is Alaric's so I would just have to have my old room which hasn't changed much.

I said goodnight to Elena and walked up the ladder, I pulled myself up and walked over to the light switch, I turned on my fairy lights and pulled the stairs back up.

I started taking my clothes off and wincing when they brushed my newly formed bruises.

I put my dirty clothes into my laundry basket and went to my old wardrobe, I pulled out some grey booty shorts and a white crop top, I slid them on and flopped down in my bed.

I turned my lights off and slowly fell asleep.