5. were back

Julia's pov:

"oh, now i understand why you were upset no one told you. im sorry again" Luna says as we walk to the lunch hall.

"well its okay now. im over it, there's no point in dwelling on it, he's back now and that's that" i say giving her a reassuring smile, i am mostly over it so i didn't completely lie to her. its just gonna take a while to get used to the idea and fact that he is back. i also need to stop being so dramatic im not 13 anymore and neither is he. we need, well i need to be mature about this.

"how is Jason?" she asks, thankfully changing the subject.

"he's doing a lot better. of course there are good and bad days but it was one of his good days yesterday and i cant explain how happy i am he's home. the doctors think that everything will be okay and that he will be back to normal in the next few months." i say feeling grateful that my brother is even home and still with us.

"that's amazing Lia! im so happy for you and your family. speaking of family when is you dad coming home?" she asks and my heart drops slightly, my dad is in the army and has been fighting in war for the last 4 months and still has two months left until he can come home. its scary not knowing if he will even come home but i have been trying to stay hopeful and I've sent letters to him whenever its been possible. i miss him so much but i know how much fighting for his county means to him and how important his job is. but i also how much more his family means to him and how he does wish he could be with us. we haven't heard from him in a month but my mum phoned the Sargent and he said everything was fine so that's all we are going by for now.

"well he is supposed to come home in two months so January next year, im hoping he will be home before though as Christmas will be tough knowing he's out in battle and were sat at home eating bloody turkey acting like a happy family." i says sighing trying to calm myself down, not wanting to get to worked about about something i cant even control.

"Lia listen to me, i know how much you worry about him but everything will be okay. he will be home as soon as he can. just remember how much he loves you and he misses you just as much as you miss him" she says wrapping her arms around me.

"thank you Luna. im sorry for making this so deep and dark" i saying pulling away giving her an apologetic smile and laughing slightly to try and lighten the mood

"hey don't apologise, you know how much i hate it when you apologise when you even remotely talk about your feelings and emotions or when you haven't even done anything wrong" she says pointing her finger sternly at me like a mum

"oops" i mutter and we both carry on walking

"moving swiftly on if i don't eat something in the next 30 seconds im gonna die of hunger" my best friends says, as you can see im not the only dramatic one in this friendship.

"alright calm down woman we are literally here" i say pointing to the lunch hall whilst rolling my eyes and laughing.

"oh yeah" she says taking a seat in front of me at out usual lunch table, we both begin to eat and talk about Taylor swifts new album- we are both massive Taylor fans and can you blame us!

"hey guys" Austin says causing me to look up in confusion- next to him is Dylan and two other guys who are Austin's friends and I've only ever briefly met- what are they all doing here?

"uh hi" me and Luna say at the same time

"are these seats free" he asks pointing to the spare seats beside me and Luna, oh goodie

"nope sorry" Luna says with a wide fake smile, i try my hardest not to laugh. i wasn't expecting her to Denny him so she must still be mad at him for ignoring her yesterday.