Chapter 1 (skip to chapter 1 rewrite)

NO I WILL NOT MARRY YOU.
The young Bulma stood in shock as she saw Goku with a stern look on his face showing a different side of himself to the world as he said.
"No Chi chi I will not marry you"
Even if he did say yes she was shocked that his usually calm clueless demonier was gone it was replaced with a strong confident aura that he only had when in battle.
The blacked haired girl Chi-Chi stood in a mix of rage and sorrow as she yelled with so much anger it was shocking.
"HOW DARE YOU BREACK YOUR PROMISE!"
But Goku didn't flinch he stared at her and spoke with a stern tone in his voice.
"You and I were only kids I thought marriage was a food and I don't love you Chi-Chi so it isn't my fault that you're not getting marriage now calm yourself down and leave, I beat you fair and square".
The angry Chi-Chi went red with rage as she used all her strength in one punch which Goku dogged. As he exited the ring leaving her to fall on her knees with a look of reject on her face. As bulma in the stands looked at Goku realising that he was not the same as before in the past.
A outburst from a girl like that would have made him terrified but now he was confident in himself. She couldn't help but feel attracted to him from that confidence.
The tourment went on like in the original but instead of there being a marriage we see Goku return to his home in the mountains.
We open to see capsule croup 1 year after the tourment took place we see bulma with her hair in a bun as she works on one of her old robots from when she was 10. As we see doctor briefs walk in to see his daughter in some shorts boots and a tank top with oil splatters on her she finally pays attention to her father.
"Bulma what are you doing now that Yamcha Bo......
"Why would I want to talk to that cheater Yamcha this is the 5th girlfriend he's cheated with this month so if you see him get security to kill him"
The old doctor brief gives her a look and takes the cigarette out of his mouth and speaks once more.
"Okay bulma you have been in your lab for 2 weeks now mabey you could see some friends like that Goku boyfriend you have?"
Bulma gives him a bored expression and speaks again.
"He isn't my boyfriend dad he's just a friend and yeah mabey it would be good to see him again it's been a year".
The old man gives a smile and tosses her some keys and a camp capsule.
"You wanted me to go didn't you?"
As she gives him a lazy expression.
"It was you mothers idea".
We then move to the mountains were Goku met bulma for the first time.
We then see bulma stop as she sees a rusting tipped over car and ammunition casings on the ground this was the car that hit Goku all those years ago that when she sees a dear running and the a blur. As she sees the dear fall down as she sees Goku patting the dear.
" Goku?! "
"Hey Bulma what cha doing here?"
As Goku smiles at his blue haired friend and bulma face of shock turns to one of joy as she sees her oldest friend sitting on the dear as she sees a senzu been go into the dears mouth.
"She was sick so I grabbed a senzu bean but she hates beans so I had to catch her its okay bulma she's friendly".
As bulma moves over to Goku she pats the dear after that Goku lets the dear go and he walks with bulma to his cabin as they talk.
"So Goku how's your year been?"
"Well except for the ox kings forces trying to kill me pretty well I've been training a lot I think my power level is 589?"
Bulma gives Goku a look of shock of he said the number.
They keep talking and remembering past hunts for the dragonballs as the walk to his cabin the forest gets darker and darker until a bar jumps them.
"ROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
At that moment she sees Goku take a stern glare as he punches the bare in the chest protecting bulma killing the beast with one punch!
"HOLLY SHIT!"
Yells a shocked and scared bulma as she sees Goku grab's the bear.
"Yummy want to stay for dinner?"
The shocked bulma sees goku's black GI covered in guts as he takes his top and undershirt off showing his chiselled body having bulma turn away and blush but she calms down.
"Um okay Goku I brought some spices so mabey we can mix our cooking styles?"
Goku gives a bright smile but bulma can't get over his ripped psychic but Goku doesn't pay any attention to it.
"Okay bulma that sounds fun"
As the two make the final steps up the hill she sees goku's hut with a higher sealing a fresh coat of paint taller doors and a well-kept garden and a grave stone at the start of the steps saying Grandpa Gohhan on it.
As the two walk up the steps bulma pulls out a camp cooking capsule and throws it on the ground and Goku grabs a large rotisserie cooker and sticks the bear on it bulma grabs some spices and Goku gives a look of curiosity to her.
"What are those Bulma?"
Bulma gives the sweet naive Goku a smile and answers his question.
"These are different herbs spices and marinades that we use on our meat back home want to use them?"
Goku smiles and grabs some and uses his supioer sense of smell to smell each one in a blink of a eye handing bulma 6 herbs 1 spice and 2 marinades and explains.
"Those smell like the best ones that would mix well with the bear".
As bulma grabs them and puts them on the cooking bear the two sit near the warmth of the fire as the night comes and it becomes cold once more.
2 hours latter
Goku gives her a smile and replies.
"Grandpa Gohhan used to tell me when the bear is ready it sets at a certain couler and it's the right couler so yeah"
As Goku removes the bear from the fire he quickly cuts the bear into pieces and raps the rest in blanket and puts it in a outside cooler.
"Enjoy"
Said the two friends as they chew into the bear they can taste all the delicious juices and spices at work as they finish the bear the two sit and just smile.
"That was nice thanks Goku aren't you cold?"
Bulma asks as she blushes again looking at the still shirtless Goku.
"No not really?"
"Didn't you say something about the ox king sending his forces at you?"
Goku then looks at her and remembers/
"Oh yeah turns out Chi-Chi used her power to rebuild the ox empire and now she wants me dead for breaking her heart all attempts fail of course."
Bulma gives her old friend a surprised look.
"Whoa that's the over reaction of the century if I've ever heard of one he ha that's kind of funny"
That's when they see a ki blast Misses Goku as he turns his head to the side we then see 10 men wearing ox masks and full body capes the tallest one speaks.
"SON GOKU you are marked as dead for the ox empire by princess Chi-Chi!"
That is when bulma hears a sonic boom as she sees Goku move and return to his seat as we see the ox empire members are gone?
"Goku what happened?"
"I knocked them out and then sent them to the nearest cave"
Bulma can't help but laugh once again.
"HHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That's so funny your marked for death just because you said no to a crazy lady."
"Let's just go to bed did you bring a sleeping bag bulma?"