happy halloween

"damn." ______ half snorted, catching his boyfriend's attention. rodrick looked up at him, away from the pile of movie had splayed out on the floor. "what?"

"we really said 'fuck costumes', huh?" rodrick didn't really appear to have any costume and all ______ had was a headband with horns. not the most inspired costumes ever. he supposed it didn't particularly matter, they weren't going out. the was just to watch a bunch of halloween movies,  anyway.

he brought his hand up to his mouth and pulled something out. a fake fang. "no, this counts. i'm a vampire."

"yeah, yeah, sure." ____ squatted down next to him, "so, picked the movies yet?"

"i think, yeah," rodrick picked up a few movies he'd set aside, showing ______ the covers. "'trick 'r treat', 'halloween'-"

"which one?"

"the first one, just the first one. oh and also the, uh, 'exorcist'. i was trying to pick out a few more, just in case we get through these, though."

"i think we should add 'cabin in the woods' to the list. i kinda doubt we'll stay up through four movies, though."

"we could!"

"maybe," ______ started, standing up, "but that's like a minimum of six hours, dude," he reached his hand out to his boyfriend, helping him up after he took his hand, "and you're usually half out when you're head hits a pillow."

rodrick heads over to the little dvd player on the messy stand, while ______ went to the bed, sitting up against the headboard. rodrick quickly set up the first movie, while continuing the bickering. "that's absolute bullshit!"

"it absolutely isn't! anytime we watch movies you're," ______ gestured towards him. he'd been making gestures with his hands the entire time. he always says he's the type to talk with his hands, whatever that means. rodrick hadn't really noticed until now, though. "out by the end of the first movie - if that."

"no, i stay awake. i definitely can."

"no, you can't."

he didn't say anything back, just squinted at him as he walked back to his bed.

"hey, it's not a bad thing. it's honestly kind of impressive."

he leaned up against the headboard next to ______, slouching a bit and leaning his head on ______'s shoulder. "yeah, sure."

"no, it is. and you're cute when you sleep."

"mmhm."

"and when you're not asleep, obviously."

"yep."

"really you're just cute all the time."

"holy shit, dude, shut up and watch, uh, the, uh, fucking... whatever..."

______ just snorted.