Chapter fifteen: House hunting

Start from the beginning

"Yes I really think we should. Oh wow I can't believe this is actually happening. I'm so excited"

"Me too baby and I'm so happy I'm buying this house with you" Brad brings Jen in for a hug. They release from the hug and Jen leans in for a kiss. As she pulls away, Brad pulls her back and deepens the kiss. Brad takes the leaflets out of Jen's hand and lays her slowly back on the couch. Brad's hands make their way under Jen's top and they begin to massage her breasts, squeezing them ever so gently. They are so involved with each other they don't hear the front door open and close. Court is standing there opposite the couch. She coughs to get their attention.

"Sorry for interrupting" Court looks around the living room, avoiding looking directly at Brad and Jen.

"Oh shit" Jen pushes Brad's hands from underneath her top and sits up adjusting herself.

"What are you doing here?" Jen asks confused and a little embarrassed by the fact that Court just caught them

"We have plans remember?" Court reminds Jen who has obviously completely forgotten "but hey don't worry we can reschedule"

"No no no. I'm ready come on. Let's go" Jen replies standing up

"Sorry baby... lets carry on with this tonight?" Jen leans down to give Brad a peck on the lips and gives him a little wink

"Go and have fun babe, I'll see you later. Love you Jen"

"Love you too, bye"

Jen and Court leave to go and have dinner at Lisa's. Also they are going to see Lisa's new baby, Julian.

*At Lisa's*

Julian is being passed around the group like a baby doll. Jen absolutely loves kids and she's in her element at the moment. They are sitting at the dinner table after having a delicious dinner made by Lisa. They talk about everything until this one topic comes up.

"So Jen, when do you think you and Brad will have a baby?" Lisa asks out of curiosity

"Oh I don't know. It's something we haven't really talked about yet. I definitely want a baby and I know Brad loves kids too but I think I want to get our wedding out of the way first. You know, I don't want to be a pregnant bride or have a little baby to worry about. We are both still young but I definitely do want a baby"

"Have you decided a date for the wedding yet?" Court asks again as she does every time she sees Jen

"Hahaha Court, we've only been engaged for a few weeks. We've discussed some stuff but before we make any set decisions, we want to be settled into our new house first... which by the way we chose today"

Jen tells the girls about the house and their plans to make it their home. Brad and Jen have very different styles regrading interior design but they'll cross that hurdle when it comes.

*Back at Jen's*

"Brad baby I'm home" Jen shouts as she walks through the door. Brad practically comes running at her as if he has something to tell her.

"Jen baby, we got the house. I called when you left with Court and they accepted our offer immediately. Baby we've got the house"

"Are you serious? Oh... my... baby yayyyy" Jen jumps in Brad's arms

"So what did you do with Lisa and Court?" Brad asks as they head upstairs to get ready for bed

"Well we talked about lots of stuff. I said that we chose a house today and they were excited for us. Also we talked about how motherhood has changed Lisa and let me tell you, that little baby is probably the cutest little thing I've ever seen in my life"

"That sounds like fun baby. Did you talk about anything else?"

"Yes, they asked if we set a date for the wedding and I said that we wanted to get settled into our new house first and then they asked me another question" Jen pauses a bit before she continues, "they asked when are we going to have a baby"

"And what did you say?"

"I said that I didn't know. That we haven't really discussed that yet. I said that I know that I definitely want a baby and I said that you love children. I said that I want to have the wedding first..." Jen gets interrupted you Brad

"You want a baby huh?"

"Yes I do Brad I really do but please don't get caught up in this as they only..." she gets interrupted again by Brad saying,

"I want a baby too. I want your baby. I knew from the moment I met you that I wanted to have a family with you Jen"

Jen's eyes get all glassy as she's tearing up just hearing Brad say these words.

"Really? Brad are you serious? Because if you're messing with me right now..."

"Jen baby stop. I'm being deadly serious and I agree with you. I think it's a smart idea to have a baby after the wedding. We can get that part of our life sorted and then we can begin to think about building our forever family" Jen is now crying like a baby. Her heart is so happy that Brad is on the same page as her.