The Incident

(This story was a request from @shinkami_lover and the cover art and idea are from them. I hope you like this story)
(Warning Abuse)

Denki POV
Monday 7:30 a.m.
I wake up for another day of school. I hear my mom yell something from downstairs but I just roll back over and try to go back to sleep. I feel a harsh slap on the side of my face and my eyes widen in shock. I look up to see my mom with an angry look on her face. "Sorry mom." She glares at me "Get off your lazy ass and get to school before you're late. You don't need more trouble in the class." I get up knowing the punishment will just get worse if I don't get up.

It's only two months into school but I'm already struggling in some of my classes. I don't have any As its all Bs and my mom has made it obvious that won't be accepted. I head downstairs and see my dad sitting at the table "Oh hey look the disappointment finally got up." I went to get some cereal but he grabbed it away from me. "You don't need any food this morning." He smirks at me and I grab my bag and head out the door.

I plaster a smile on my face but since they were extra harsh this morning it's hard. They're right, you are a disappointment. Maybe I should just die. I listen to some nice music to calm down and push out the voices. Before I know it I'm at the school and I see the Bakusquad hangin out before school starts.

I wave excitedly with a bright smile and they see me and wave me over. "Hey Dunce face." I cringe at the name but hide it. "Hey Bakugou." We talked for a bit because we were all here early when Mina taps me on the shoulder. She leans in and whispers in my ear "Look who it is." I turned to see Hitoshi Shinsou from General Studies. He walks up to the school and glances at me so I snap my head away.

Everyone is looking at me but I just start speed walking into the school and mumble a quick "We have to get to class." We all head to class and sit down. Not long after Aizawa comes in and class starts. I try to focus and take notes but I can't stop drifting off in daydreams. Aizawa calls on me and I focus back on him and the board. I read the board quickly and get the answer. "48."

We move on through class with no interruptions. I stay dazed off until I feel a tap on my arm. I see Mina and Bakugou standing there. "Time for lunch come on Denki." I start to stand and then remember what my dad said this morning "You don't need any food." I hesitate and they notice "Come on dunce face." I get up "Actually I'm not very hungry I think I'll just stay here.

They look skeptical but eventually leave and head to lunch. I head to the roof and sit there waiting for it to be over. After around 20 minutes I head back down to the class to see if it's over. I sit in class and everyone comes back.

Class finally finishes and I pack up my stuff. "Hey bro do you want to hang with us?" I turn to see Kiri " Uh no I'm good I think I'm just going to go home." He looks disappointed but I head out.

Instead of going home I start to wander around. I'm not ready to go home again. I shudder at the thought of having to see my parents again. I try to keep my mind off that and I walk. I don't even know how far away I am when I snap out of my dazed trance due to a yell from an alley next to me.

I turn towards the alley and see two people fighting. "Get the hell away from me." My eyes widen. I know that voice! I walk into the alley and Shinsou and some girl. "Come on purple I just want to get to know you." She tries to grab Shinsou and I shoot a controlled wave of electricity at her. She dodges and while Shinsou looks back at me she grabs him.

He disappears and I start to panic. "What did you do?" She smirks and bends down but I blast her with electricity. She falls back, "I'm just collecting my prize." She stands back up and I zap her again, harder. I run to where Shinsous uniform is and pick it up. Inside the clothes I see a small kitten curled up. This can't be Shinsou. I run out of the alley before she wakes up.

I run towards the school hoping Aizawa is still there. When I burst into the teachers lounge all the teachers in there looked at me in shock. "Kaminari whats wrong?" Aizawa comes forward. I start to explain but he tells me to stop "Slow down we can't understand you." I take a breath and go back through the story and they all listen with wide eyes.

"So you're telling me that this cat is Shinsou?" I nod and the kitten in my hands stirs. It gets up and stretches "Do you think it can understand us?" It meows and I look surprised. "I think that's a yes."

I sit down with the kitten on my lap. "So what do we do with him?" They look lost but then the kitten rubs against me and meows. "I think he wants to stay with you. "I-I can't take him home!" I look down at the small kitten and then think of my house and what it's like. Aizawa ends down to pick him up but he hisses "I think you have to take him." I sigh reluctantly and pick him up. "Are you happy Shin? Causing trouble?" He mews in response and I roll my eyes.

I tuck him in my bag. "When you come to school tomorrow we'll research this quirk more and see what it is." I nod and start my walk to my house. I hope they stay away from him. I hope he doesn't remember my house when he turns back. I sigh dejectedly and look at Shin curled up in my bag. Here we go.

(1057 words)