"You should know, I don't just let anybody walk into this town and take what they want. I don't care if they are a legendary hero! Yeah, that's right. I know exactly who you are, Uchiha. I'd recognise that stony face anywhere. Just because you hide that purple eye of yours, doesn't mean we've forgotten about your escapades during the Great War. Ha! Yeah, that's right, rumours and stories far and wide travel down even to this wee town, just like the ancient times!" the pot-bellied chief guffawed at Sasuke's expense. "We may have forgiven, but we don't forget. Now you run along and tell that Hokage of yours that you no doubt have a bromance with to come and give 'Waterfalls their best chunin  to handle our village's problems for a whole three months, and I'll think about entertaining you on those rumours." The chief winked at Sasuke before leaving Sasuke staring back down at his glass of water. 

He had contemplated using his genjutsu  on the man like his usual method, but he was trying to rest his eyes as he had just recently come back from another dimension. Sasuke had been trying his best to ensure his chakra control is as smooth as how Sakura lectured him, but it was easier said than done. It was another thing that awed him about his wife - how did she have such perfect chakra control? Even when they were mere genin, she had already surpassed him in that field. 

Sasuke thought about resting in the town for a few more nights whilst trying to gauge information from other civilians, but then decided his time may be spent better elsewhere, tracking down any other traces in Kaguya's dimension using the information he had gathered from Naruto. Unceremoniously, Sasuke left the small town and it was whilst he was journeying through a path lit by the summer green trees that reminded him of blissful summers spent years ago with his two lights that he decided to test out using his mangekyo sharingan and rinnengan simultaneously with a smooth stream of chakra flow to see if this Land was connected to any different dimensions that he had not been able to penetrate previously. To his dismay, his theory was not well founded, and he found that he had wasted an excessive amount of chakra flitting through dimensions. Concluding that he wouldn't be able to use genjutsu at this state on the townspeople, Sasuke flitted back to a path residing just outside of the Land of Waterfall. His mangekyo sharingan spiralled back to three tomoes as he drew out ragged breaths to help stabilise his body. 

It was as he was taking in the comforting trees around him that reminded him of home that he heard a rustle in the trees behind him. Sasuke stopped for a second, wondering if he was imagining things as he scanned the surrounding area with his sharingan, and so continued on with an onyx eye taking in the daylight as he let out an exasperated sigh. But soon after, the hooded figure which had been pursuing him appeared before him. With a few strokes of his katana, and a lightning charged strike on the foe's chained weapon, the foe that was cloaked was revealed, and lying before him, was a sickly-white boy with white hair and white clothing. But what stole Sasuke's breath away and halted his heartbeat was the clan crest resting on the boy's back: it was the crest of the Uchiha. 

Sasuke held his katana pointed downwards as he paced himself cautiously towards the child, his red eye activated. As he neared closer, the child turned slowly to face him, and his face haunted the male Uchiha. Looking straight back at him were eyes that bled red: the sharingan

"You... Who are you?"

The child stood before him with a smug look before using two fingers to disappear. The leaves that danced in the haze left in the boy's wake sauntered to the ground, and a bead of sweat traced Sasuke's face. His heart thudded and he felt paralyzed at this revelation. The only people that should wield the sharingan at this present moment were himself and his inexperienced daughter. A blur of her face flashed through his mind as he remembered her sweet, angelic face - she had been as young as three last time he had seen her, and she had been the source of his pride and joy. Surely his enemies had not gotten their hands on his daughter, he had been sure to make sure that any threats pertaining her were extinguished. And if something had escaped him, and something had happened to his precious daughter, he was convinced that Sakura and Naruto would have no doubt contacted him, putting aside any existing tensions between them. Sasuke pushed away any thoughts of his daughter having been harmed and concluded that she was safe in the village. He had a few other theories that came to mind, and so he tasked himself with writing his encounter with the suspicious child to Naruto, pinpointing the coordinates of where he would be lying in wait for the Hokage: the Shikoro Pass.