CHAPTER TWO

beach nights

THE YEAR ENDED as any other year before, Isla passed her exams without having spent too much time working, as did all her friends

THE YEAR ENDED as any other year before, Isla passed her exams without having spent too much time working, as did all her friends. As always, the girl dreaded going back home.

Of course, her situation was not as bad as Sirius' but still, she couldn't help but think about the lies her parents had told her when she looked at them.

To her, they had made her a hateful and cruel person, and she would never be able to forgive them for it, especially since the only time she had tried to confront them, in her childlike innocence, it hadn't ended well.

She also hated to have to stay for at least a month in their beach mansion, after having spent the entire year in a secluded countryside in Scotland, she felt like she needed to be outside in the city. Now that she was gone most of the year, the Archambauds had changed their traditional two month holidays in Brittany, and accepted to go for only a month, so that Isla could be in her own house in Paris. She was still absolutely not allowed to go out, who with anyway?

But this year was different, the summer before, Isla had found a way to sneak out of the house, and started going out to the beach in the middle of the night, and that's where she had met a group of teen muggles. They were a bit older than her but no one minded.
Isla had overcame her shyness and they all quickly became friends, and that's when she had started smocking cigarettes and getting slightly tipsy on the shore.

This was the only highlight of her summer she could see, because her parents would never, ever, let her spend even a night at the Potter's manor. Fortunately, the Black's would probably spend a week at the Mansion, hopefully Sirius would come along.

The first two weeks in Paris were boring, Isla spent most of her day in her room, watching the crowded street. Luckily, or not, her cousins were in town and had managed to convince her parents to let her come with them in the city. They had a very different idea of "fun" than Isla's, but it felt nice to be outside at least.

Leonie was the eldest one, she was eighteen, had blond hair that fell down her back and stopped right to her waist, ice blue eyes and pinkish lips. She had also graduate from Beauxbatons second in her promotion, in short, she was perfection.

Her little sister, Josephine, sixteen years old, she looked almost exactly like her sister, had the same brains and crystallin laugh. She was a bit more "rebellious", or as rebellious as someone from her status could be. She smoked cigarettes, liked partying and kissed a lot of boys. To Isla, that wasn't very rebellious.

Next was Amandine, her other cousin, she was seventeen, also in Beuaxbatons, and as blonde as possible. But besides her good looks, Isla was pretty sure her braincells were nonexistent. She was so stupid Isla could not spend more than two minutes with her.

Overall her cousins took Isla with them shopping, that was their main activity. They even went to luxurious muggle shops, shopping in muggle places was probably only acceptable in Paris for the PureBloods. Isla didn't mind trailing off with them, sometimes Josephine and her would stay outside having a smoke, but they never talked too much.