4|Buckbeak versus Malfoy

Reader's POV

I'd just finished my class in Ancient Runes, and to my surprise, it was much more fascinating than I'd expected. Now, it was time for our first Care of Magical Creatures lesson with Hagrid.

At the door of his hut, waited Hagrid.

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less takin' if yeh don't mind. Got a real treat for yeh today a great lesson so follow me." said Hagrid cheerfully.

The class followed him and he strolled us off around the edge of the trees, and in just five minutes, we had arrived in what looked like a paddock. I kind of expected that we would have our class in the Forbidden Forest, well I was wrong.

I took off my vest as the sun's heat touched my skin. But still, the cool breeze of the wind was the perfect antidote.

"Right you lot," said Hagrid. "Less chatterin', form a group over there. And open yer books to page 49."

"Exactly how do we do that?" Malfoy sneered, who was right behind me. I still couldn't believe we were classmates in this class.

"Just stroke the spine o' course. Goodness me." Hagrid snapped.

I did what Hagrid told us. I immediately stroked the spine of my book; I thought that he was joking and was going to attack me like the first time I tried to open it this summer. But as I did, it shivered and calmed down.

Neville, however, opened the book without stroking its spine. The book then proceeded to bite and attack, causing Neville to fall to the ground.

"Don't be such a wimp Longbottom." Malfoy sneered.

"I'm okay, I'm okay—" Neville panted, as the book continued to act widly.

"I should've guessed that I should stroke the spine first." I said to Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"Well I think they're funny." said Hermione smiling.

"Oh yeah terribly funny," said Malfoy. "Really witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes."

His friends Crabbe and Goyle laughed.

"Shut up Malfoy." Harry said coldly.

The Slytherins made hooting noises. Draco approached Harry, with a smirk on his face. Most of us crossed our arms at irritation.

"D-dementor! Dementor!" Malfoy shouted like a five-year-old girl as the majority of us looked up. But we realized that it was a prank. The Slytherins were paralyzed with laughter as they continued to impersonate Dementors to insult Harry, who was brought aside by Hermione.

"Just ignore it." Hermione whispered to Harry.

I then walked angrily to Malfoy, with a cross face. "Insult Harry one more time Malfoy, then I'll—" Padma tried to restrain me, grabbing my shoulders.

"You'll what?" Draco sneered. "What are you gonna do Bell? I don't want a filthy half-blood like you smudging my robes."

I felt a rush of anger burn in my face, but I ignored him.