Chapter 5: Revisiting Old Memories

A/N: Hello my lovely friends, fans and followers! This chapter is hella long, I'm aware. It's literally the longest chapter I've ever wrote in the history of my life. Also, this is sort of a filler  chapter just to explain why The Doctor/John stopped travelling and such. The eleventh doctor shows up in one of John's/The Doctor's memories too!

Secondly, I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but nobody comments anymore and it makes me very sad :c I love to see your comments and even recommendations! So please comment and tell me how you liked it. Enjoy <3

Chapter 5: Revisiting Old Memories

She wanted to drown in his eyes. Blue, icy blue with bits and pieces of silver. All that mattered was his right hand on her waist and their left hands entwined.

Oh god, her eyes were beautiful. They were like a chocolate fountain. Sparkling and shining. He loved her. He loved her. He loved her. How could he ever not love her? That was the real question.

They were dancing in the TARDIS console room, swaying to the gentle beat of some song that neither one of them knew. The sound was blaring over the speakers and the lights around them moved and changed colours accordingly.

"John." Clara whispered. It wasn't a summon or a question or anything really, she just wanted to mutter his name while her cheek rested on his shoulder. She was pressed against his chest and he swayed her around the console.

John had his chin rested on the top of her brunette head and was smiling in a peaceful kind of way. He was so content with staying like this forever, for her hair smelt of strawberry shampoo and the feeling of her arms around his neck made him want to scream out in a childish glee. No words were able to describe how much she meant to him. She was the stars and galaxies and everything pure and beautiful ever. Clara was everything; infinite. And he loved her to the moon and back.

"You're everything, Clara. You are my forever." John whispered in her ear before she looked up at him, smiled slightly sleepily and kissed his cheek. Clara then rested her head on his chest and it was silent. No longer than five minutes later, John realised that she was in fact asleep on his shoulder, just barely standing. If it wasn't for him, she would've definitely fell to the ground.

But John simply chuckled at her childishness and picked her up bridal style. He continued to carry her out of the doors of the TARDIS and into his flats living room and setting her on the sofa.

As Clara slept on the sofa, John decided to make tea for himself; he'd make her tea whenever she was to awake. John put on the kettle and felt as if a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders; he had finally told Clara his biggest secret. But something else was now weighing him down: would Clara want to travel now? John didn't mind travelling, really, but it put his Clara in danger not to mention the creatures that he ran away from in the first place. What if they found him again? They could kill Clara and him. And he wasn't willing to let anything bad happen to his Clara, he had already been the indirect cause of Clara getting beaten a while back. He had hid from them for over three years now, what was the chances of those things finding him again? The chances were low, most likely. But they were vicious, furious because of what he did, unintentionally of course. It was his last regeneration that had done it, and that regeneration was quite childish most times. But it still had been him and it was his fault. Stop thinking, John! Just stop!

When he had been thinking the kettle started to whistle and ceased his thoughts, at least for a a while. He poured the hot water in his mug, with a mint teabag in the mug. A few minutes later, he sipped his warm tea and sat down on the sofa that sat parallel to the one Clara slept on, a coffee table separating the two.