Chapter 12: Down..

Chapter 12: Down..

There was a eeriness in the air as Clara crossed the cool checkered floor, her bare toes flinching at the cold floor. The walls around her were black, covered in red tapestry and paintings of old kings and queens. Where was she? The way the room felt empty dared her to journey deeper into the darkness. No lights were lit, although there was elaborate chandeliers hanging from the high ceiling. It looked almost like a ballroom from the Renaissance era.

Clara realized she was wearing a long black dress that hung loosely on her petite frame and made her feel incredibly small. She heard almost a whisper calling to her, calling into the darkness before her. Telling her to come closer. Before she knew it, she was stepping forward, towards the whisper, disobeying each and every nerve in her body that was telling her not to go closer. But she went closer, into the darkness, containing something of which she did not know of.

Petite toes pressed again the coolness of the tile, flinching at the contact at first before easing into the now familiar feeling. She felt so fragile in the coldness of the dark room, her arms covered in a light coat goosebumps. 

Maybe it was how the room hummed, or how her hair stood on edge, but she felt like if she did not venture further, it would be a betrayal. 

But then she thought of John.. Of his kindness, of his smile, of his dangerous secrets that he dared to tell her. Clara smiled, the darkness of the room somehow receding as the happiness of his memory filled her. She loved him, oh how she loved him.

And just as sudden as her memories of him, the darkness disappeared, replaced with a brightness. The room was golden, golden and beautiful in every way. But alas, the brightness scared her more than the darkness. The darkness shielded her, held her in its protective glove. But the brightness made her weak, made her vulnerable how it made her ever so open to whatever dangers awaited. And she wanted to cower, cower away from the beautiful brightness of the room. 

So Clara ran, ran as fast as she could until everything faded away behind her. 

And she fell.. 

Down..

Down...

Down..

A/N: So I'm sorry it's been so long! But I'm thinking of how to plot this out and everything so hopefully I will be more active with this story! Sorry for the cliffhanger by the way! Love you all, bye!