Chapter 9: Promise

A/N: I'm so so so sorry that this update took forever to write, I have like fifty one shots in the works right now and even a couple new books (all whouffle or whouffaldi). I have had such bad writers block concerning this fanfiction, it was horrible. I love you guys all so so much! Please comment, it makes my heart happy ;3

Chapter 9: Promise

Every moment she spent with him was savoured now. After almost a month without him, she wasn't willing to sacrifice more than a three hours of time spent with him. Most of that time with him was now spent planning their wedding, which was suppose to turn out to be minimalist and classy with only about a hundred or so guests.

But she was growing worried. Worried that the wedding would be a disaster, not that they wouldn't last. Clara was sure they could, he was her forever and her his. But the planning was taking a toll on the two of them. John was still recovering from his attack and was ridden with anxiety because he was sure the woman would strike again. Clara, on the other hand, worried about him each and every day. His cuts were healing but still she saw them everyday and felt sadness.

But he would look into her eyes and see the somnambulant look which made his hearts ache. The planning was taking its toll on her. Stress formed under her eyes as blue bags that she would try endlessly to get rid of or hide.

John tried to ease the load, asking if he could write out cards or help with flowers or whatever else he could possibly help with. But alas, whenever Clara gave him a simple task, he would fumble and mess it up, only causing more torment for everyone planning the event. Clara decided it was best he stayed in the background. She'd kiss his cheek and assure him that it was all under control and it was better that he only did tasks such as laying out party favours and setting up the guest book.

The whole thing had Clara's stomach in a knot. Until the day finally came. She felt butterflies in her stomach and felt as if she could fly. Even her grandparents and father flew over to England to participate in the celebration. It was a marvelous thing.

The date was January 4th. Snow covered the ground and sprinkled all around when Clara and John woke up that morning.

Clara's eyes opened, a slender arm wrapped around John's waist and the other tucked towards her chest. Their legs were tangled together, the fuzzy fabric of her pajama pants against his bare leg--he usually only wore boxers to bed. Immediately, her gaze was drawn to a scar on his shoulder and she found herself planting soft kisses on the scar before moving to another more up his neck, soon coming to a stop at his ear. "John. Wake up." She whispered with a smile.

A soft smile slipped onto his lips and his eyes fluttered open. "Well, good morning there." Clara pecked him on the lips and sat with her elbows on the mattress and her face in her hands.

"We're getting married today." Clara said in a sing-song voice. "Today, we will become husband and wife." she grinned but John kissed her mid-grin.

"Shh, don't talk. We only have an hour until Amelia comes to get you with all your friends." John wrapped his arms around her and flipped them so he was hovering above her. Clara giggled as he showered her in kisses, lips traveling from her neck to her perfect lips and around her collarbones.

Clara put her arms around his neck softly, savouring the essence of him. "I. Love. You. So. So. Much." she said, punctuating each word with a kiss.

John smiled down at her before burying his face in the crook of her neck. "I love you, too." He breathed against her neck--Clara giggled at the feeling of his hot breath against her skin. John kissed her neck softly.

Something hit Clara randomly: She didn't know John's true name. "Is John Smith your real name?" She asked.

John's face reappeared from her neck and he looked down at her once again, "Why?"