Chapter 1: Discovering Naturism

It began quite some time ago. The days were long and the heat was murder. Yup, it was summer, and I always hated being cooked alive any time I stepped outside of my house. Nonetheless, I would always go visit my friend and we would inevitably end up down by the stream. Sometimes there would be other kids down there or people riding their bikes nearby. Many came to enjoy the rope swing. However, regardless of the popularity of the area, my friend and I were in the perfect position to be able to go during the week when people were less likely to be in the area. Often times we would play on the rope swing which hung off of a large tree near the water.

One day, in the heat of the afternoon, Marty and I had the idea to cross the stream. There was a fallen log that stretched from our side to the other. We had simply never attempted to use it because it thinned out near the end and appeared as if it wouldn't be able to hold either of us up. For whatever reason, today it didn't matter. One after the other, we slowly crossed the water, using a tree from the other side to balance ourselves as soon as we came close enough to reach it. After a little bit of effort and some unknown strength, we hoisted ourselves up the tree and onto the high bank of the other side of the stream. It was quiet. Only bugs could be heard around us. We walked around a little bit, pushing our way around through large plants and walking into a forest of trees.

I'll be honest, I don't remember which of us had the idea first, but somewhere along the line, one of us suggested taking our shirts off and dropping our bottoms to our ankles so as to cool down and get some wind on our bodies in order to fight the heat. And so, that's exactly what we did. Marty and I both took our shirts off and set them aside. We both gave each other a look to sort of ask if the other was ready. After confirmation through eye-contact, we both let our pants down. Pushing our jeans down to our ankles, neither of us actually felt that awkward about it. It did feel unusual to be so exposed around another human being, but even as the underwear followed our jeans, there was no strange tension. More than likely this was due to our innocents and lack of sexual knowledge or experience. We both stood there for a few moments before any comment was made.

"This is actually pretty comfortable," Marty commented.

"It is," I agreed, "We should've done this a while before,".

And that was the extent of it. Beyond that, we talked about normal things that pre-teens would discuss. The majority of the time that included video games. As time went on and the summer continued, this became regular practice for us. We became rather good at crossing the stream and getting to our private island. There we would drop our clothes and simply stand and enjoy the weather around us. Summer felt much better without clothes to hold sweat to your body and stick with you and every move you made.

As this kept on, it came to a fascination of sorts. We didn't really stare at each other and not once was any touching involved or even thought of. Our innocents allowed for a barrier of respect to be held between us as friends. The fascination lied more in the aspect of spending more time nude. How could we do it? Where could we do it? Were there any other places outside that allowed us to do this? These were all questions that both of us pondered and came to discuss. It eventually led to other events we wouldn't have other wise considered. For example, whenever we ended up alone in either of our homes, it would result in us taking turns playing a game that we saw as being rather adventurous. We would start in the bedroom, strip totally nude and streak throughout the house and make a loop back while the other waited. As soon as the streaker came bounding back into the room it was the others turn to do the same, running butt-naked across the house and back and re-dressing in the room. We would continue the cycle until we heard car doors closing out in the front-yard. The game was in part to see who could complete the circuit more times but also so that if either of us were nude when the parents arrived, the clothed one could step out and buy time for the streaker to jump back into their own attire by taking a moment to say hi to the parents before they really got into the house. This may not seem like a way to buy much time, however, after getting in and out of your clothes as fast as we could and as much as we could in their absence, a tiny bit of time is all either of us needed to get totally dressed once again.

Games like these went on for some time. Sometimes being nude in the backyard or in the swimming pool. Essentially being nude in whatever daring place we could find. But yet, we were still curious about places in which it might be allowed. This led to some research which is how two young boys came to find out about nudist resorts. We saw pictures online and read a little bit about these places, seeing how others would be going about their daily activities or simply sitting around, completely nude and seemingly completely oblivious to the fact that any of them were. The whole idea appeared peaceful to us, but something inside kept us from making mention of it to our parents. If it was something so easy to find and they had never said anything to us, perhaps they didn't want us to know? We carried on with our typical activities, going out to our island and playing our harmless games whenever we were left alone at the house. But unfortunately, this could not go on for very long. As fate would have it, we were distanced over time. Life took us separate ways as our schedules didn't allow for as much free time as before. Hanging out became more and more scarce until it finally came to a grinding halt. I do still keep in touch with Marty every now and then, but it has been many years since the events described above. I cannot say for sure whether or not Marty remained interested in the concept of nudism and the freedom behind it, but what remains is still definitely positive. We both have good memories of growing up together and, regardless of whether Marty is intrigued or not, we both walked away with our discovery of nudism, something that we had initially thought we came up with ourselves; something that neither of us even had a word for. Those memories and simple but thrilling games are what sparked future adventures.