Over My Shoulder 4

I went through school acting as if nothing was wrong. A few of my friends noticed but I put it off as a fight with my mom about me and Hadean. They laughed along except for one, Beset, she was close to my hieght and had midnight black hair with, oddly, violet eyes. She was my best friend since I almost got hit with a car at age five. We never left each others side.

"Tarika, are you sure that's what happened?" Beset looked at me with that look that told me she knew i was lying.

"Yeah sure Bes I'm fine. I mean come on everyone fights with their parents." I replied.

"Not you though. You've never fought with your mom." I guess i could tell her that much.

"Well you're right about that."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I can't fight with my mom cause she's been dead for years." This shocked her. When she didn't say anything i continued," My 'mom' is actually my aunt and my aunt, the one who died, was my real mom."

"Did you just find out?" I could tell she was getting nervous cause i could hear her Egyptian accent.

"Yeah. I had another of those wired nightmares and my mom told me that story." Hse miumbled something in her native language, which was Egyptian, before she talked to me agian.

"What else did she tell you?" I hated keeping secrets from her but I had to this time.

"Not much else." She gave me that look agian but put it off and started to walk to class.

"So what are you planning to wear to your date tonight?"

"My dark jeans and the pink shirt that comes down at my shoulders. You know the one," She nodded and continued to ask questions that where not that good of questions. I could tell she had something on her mind, but with her being one of the toughst people in school i didn't want to upset her and set off her temper.

I got home at the same time i normally do and saw my mom there. I could hear hear that she was on the phone. I went up to my room and pulled out my cell. I didn't see Beset twords the end of the day. I wanted to make sure she was ok. Her phone rang and rang...and...rang some more. Where the hell could she be???

I gave up after awhile and went down stairs to get a little snack before I had to start getting ready. I heard some yelling that was strangly in both English and...Eygptian. I turned the corner and saw one of the most beautiful and strangest sights ever in my life.