Glynda: (to the group) Yes, students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so.

The group stops, and Jaune, grunting and carrying a large case with six empty glass jars on top, tries to catch up with them and ends up bumping into Cardin. The bully scowls at Jaune, who attempts to feign innocence by whistling tunelessly.

Glynda: (still instructing her group, holding up a full jar of their objective) Each of you is to gather one jar worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun!

While Yang and her sister smile at one another, Jaune attempts to (noisily) sneak away from Cardin to his team, but the blackmailer sees this and grabs Jaune by the back.

Cardin: Come on, buddy - let's go!

Jaune miserably looks up at his team, where Nora and Ren are already walking into the forest's depths and Pyrrha is staring sadly at the scene. Dropping his gaze, Jaune turns and follows CRDL, to the disappointment of a sighing Pyrrha before she continues.

Team JNPR, except for Jaune, went their way while you went with Team RWBY and since you were a one-man team you finished collecting the red sap quickly so you decided to lay and rest under a tree until the sound of something moving on a branch on top of you, and when you looked up you saw a raven there posed, looking at you. Instantly you recognized the bird, it was your mother. you waved at the bird hello. mouthing the words "Go talk to her" you pointed at Yang who was collecting sap from a nearby tree. As soon as she saw who you were pointing at the bird flew away.

You sighed in defeat just then the roar of an Ursa was heard by the members of Teams RWBY and JNPR, still collecting sap on the other side of the forest.

Ruby: (getting up, concerned) Did you guys hear that?

Suddenly, the remaining members of Team CRDL are seen running the other way from the roar through the other students.

Russel: (looking back) Ursa! Ursa! (he runs into Yang accidentally)

Yang: What!? (completely unfazed by his collision, she picks him up by the front of his shirt) Where?

Russel: (struggling and still trying to catch his breath, but points back from where they came) Back there! It's got Cardin!

Pyrrha: (dropping her jar of sap) Jaune!

Ruby: (going into leader mode) Yang! You and Blake, go get Professor Goodwitch! (Y/n) you're one of the fastest here, go with Yang and Blake. (dropping Russel, Yang, you, and Blake nod before following the orders)

Pyrrha: (to Ren and Nora as she and Ruby activate their weapons) "You two, go with them! There could be more!

You, Ren, Nora, Yang, and Blake run the way back to the meeting point established by Professor Goodwitch where you start telling her what happened, but before the group could do anything, Ruby, Weiss, and Pyrrha join your group, recalling how Jaune managed to kill the Ursa, moments later Jaune appeared and started telling a slightly more decorated story of how he easily bested the beast.

Later that night, on top of the dorm building, you're sitting, legs dangling from the side of the building before you heard the sound of one of your mothers' portals, and moments later there she stood, red armor and Grimm-like mask.

She made her way to you and sat next to you, removing her mask in the process. You both sat in comfortable silence before she decided to speak.

Raven: (turning towards you) Son... I've been thinking... I've been the leader of our tribe for a long time, and at some time I'll have to step down to let another person take the role of leader. (offering you her mask) And I want you to be the new leader.

(A/n: here's how the mask looks like just in case someone doesn't know)

You didn't know what to say, your mother was giving you a great responsibility, to take care of your tribe, but at the same time, it was one of the highest honors that exist in a tribe with no honor

You: (taking the mask) Mom I...

Raven: We'll wait until you graduate from Beacon, and then you can take the role as our new leader. (she starts to chuckle lightly) if you can best me in combat.

You: (chuckling) I could beat you anytime you want.

Raven: (still chuckling and pulling you on a side hug) Ha! You wish!

You two laughed for a while before your mother stood up and opened a portal to leave.

You: Bye mom.

Raven: Goodbye (Y/n).

With that, she went through the portal and left you alone to think about what would be waiting for you once you graduated. 

You sighed, looking down at the now yours Grimm mask, you pondered if you were ready for such responsibility, even knowing that this was everything you ever wanted since you were a kid.

Your mother sounded so sure about this but was it the right choice? Would you be ready to take care of a whole tribe, you didn't know but you were ready to try.