Concerns and Hopes

Izuku was walking down the halls with Kota keeping pace with him. The events of the past week still weighed heavily on both boys' minds.

Having just received an announcement that the principal wanted to see him. Izuku took his leave without hesitation, with the stresses of Shino and his lack of sleep, staying focus in class was becoming difficult. His only real focus was Kota, making sure he got to rest and was fed. He was Izuku's desperate attempt to get his situation back to normal.

Opening the door to the principal's office, Izuku was created by the hybrid-intelligent animal that was Nezu.

"Ah, Midoriya, so glad you can come at short notice. I hope that I didn't disturb your studies?"

"No sir, nothing I can't study later on today." Izuku kept an upbeat attitude that was not like him, just to remain professional.

"Good. Good. I summoned you here today to discuss a certain matter. Regarding the young lady that you rescued last week."

"Eri."

"Ah, so that's her name. Well, you see, Eri has been having many complicated issues once she was under our care. Eraserhead and the other faculty have tried to maintain contact but the girl is unresponsive. We can't send her to foster care as her mental stability is not balanced, so her quirk can go off as a flight or fight response."

"And what does have to do with me?" Izuku asks a bit impatiently. Kota looked at Izuku with confusion.

"You see, we have been observing her. When she sleeps she calls out your name, your hero name that is. So we concluded having you try to quell this young lady."

Izuku had a far-away look in his eyes. He remembered the girl but to his guilt, Eri was not on his mind these past several days. Only Kota and Shino.

"I see. Well, where will you have me go?"

"Oh, she is on the top floor of the building. Make sure to announce yourself. Room 455 AB." Nezu smiles as he sips his coffee.

"Alright then can Kota stay with you in the meantime?"

"What?!" Kota exclaims.

"You heard me, Kota," Izuku says sternly.

"But why?" Kota flinched at his hero's tone.

"Because Eri doesn't know you. If something were to go wrong, I won't be able to forgive myself if you got hurt." Izuku says as he knelt and looks his dependent in the eyes.

"But I can come, you know, to have your back," Kota says in protest.

Izuku shook his head. "Thank you, but it's better this way. I don't want her to get provoke and you to get hurt. Sosaki-San wouldn't forgive me if her only nephew was in danger."

"And it's okay for you?"

"Kota, I am training to be a hero. It's part of the job. So just do me this favor okay. We can leave early today and visit Sosaki-San."

"Alright..."

"Good. I will see you in a bit."

Traveling up the stairs, Izuku wanted to think of an approach. He didn't know if Eri remembered him, but it was worth a shot.

Going to the 400th floor, Izuku made his way to the room. It was different from the other doors, this one being smaller and more average person size. Peaking through the screen, it was a room, a bedroom. A nice folded bed in the corner and light blue painted walls with already colors and drawings on it. A large window with a clear view of the city it would have been beautiful at night.