I Don't Like It Here

SLIGHT TRIGGER WARNING: IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH SELF HARM/SUICIDE/OR SELF CONFIDENCE PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Kay woke up in a white room that smelt funny. And there were a whole bunch a dead people laying around.

Her eyes adjusted better to the light and she noticed that the people were not actually dead but asleep. Every member of her team was asleep in random plastic chairs. Spencer was sitting next to Derek and his head was lolled over on Derek's shoulder. Rossi was going to wake up with the worst neck ache in his life and J.J. was actually sprawled out on a roll out bed.

Where's Hotch?, she thought. Then something beside her moved. She looked to her left and Hotch was slumped over sitting in a plastic chair with his head and arms laying on the bed. Kay smiled against the pain and looked to her right to see her phone. They must have found it on the ground. She grabbed it and quickly took a picture of her team before Hotch stirred awake.

"Hey," He smiled sleepily and it was literally the cutest thing she'd ever seen.

"Hey," Kay laughed. "How long has it been since you slept you look awful," She asked.

"Um how long have you been missing?" He said.

"I'll ask Reid later," he waved it off.

"Aaron Hotchner why haven't you been taking care of yourself?" She asked accusingly.

"I couldn't sleep while he had you," He stared into her eyes. "I needed to know if you were okay."

"Kay?" J.J. woke up and started shaking everyone awake. "Hey Morgan, Reid, Rossi. Wake up Kay's awake."

"Hey baby girl how you feelin'?" Morgan asked.

"Mmmmm like I was kidnapped and tortured for several days," She laughed softly. She noticed Hotch was now holding her hand but decided not to mention it. Instead she gripped his hand tighter and tried to sit up. A white hot pain suddenly hit her as blood rushed back to her head and her vision went spotty.

"Woah! Hey you need to stay down for a while okay?" Rossi insisted and they helped you lay back down.

"But I don't like it here," Kay whined.

"Yeah we know but you're staying here until they're absolutely sure that you are okay," Hotch said seriously. She pursed her lips and stared at him.

"That's something coming from you Mr. 'I can't ever stay in the hospital even if I've been shot'" She mocked. He rolled his eyes and she looked at her other team mates who had amused grins on their faces.

"Well did I miss anything while I was out?" She asked. They all seemed to pale. The look on their faces said they wanted to know something but they didn't want to ask. They seemed to silently agree on something and then J.J. smiled at her.

"We're gonna go get some coffee," She said and they all left. Kay looked at Hotch with a raised brow.

"What's going on Aaron?" Kay asked. Hotch scratched the back of his neck. A nervous tick that Kay had noticed. "Aaron?"

He took both of his hands and held onto your left hand carefully. His big man hands practically swallowed yours. "Kay you had lots of scars when you came in and some of them won't go away," He started. Kay nodded cause she already knew that.

"The um... the doctor found scars on your thighs and faint ones on your wrists that weren't from Mitchell. They were made several years ago," He explained.

Kay paled and she yanked her hand from Hotch and grabbed her own wrist. She blinked away tears and turned her head away from him.

"You were never suppose to know about it," she muttered.

"Know about what Kay?"

"That I was weak. My dad was mean to me...my mom and after all those years of abuse I just go and hurt myself even more... how pathetic am I? The reason I transferred from Texas was to get away from him. I'm just a coward," She scoffed.

He grabbed her hand and forced her to look him in the eye. "You are not pathetic," He said sternly.

"My dad was a bad guy too. He beat me and my mom for years until my mom found out she was pregnant with my brother Sean and she finally kicked him out. I was a bad kid and a rebel and I made things worse on my mom until I was sent off to boarding school and got myself straightened out," He didn't deviate from your eyes.

"Sean doesn't know how mean he was and he won't ever know. He's dead now. He died of a heart attack not long after I graduated." He placed a light kiss on Kay's hand.

"You're an amazing woman and a fighter. If you weren't then you wouldn't be alive right now," He insisted. Kay smiled and he wiped a tear from her face.

"You were a rebel? Mr. 'always follows the rules'?" She laughed. He smiled and nodded.

"Yep. I guess people really can change."

Kay smiled. "Yeah I guess they can."

One chapter left! There will be an authors note chapter after that which will announce the name of the sequel and when the first chapter will be released. I'm so glad everyone of you decided to stick around and read my book. It means so much to me. :) ~Jet