1

"... and I need your help!"

"No," the girl answered nonchalantly.

"Why?" He whined.

"Baekhyun. I have a boyfriend," she looked at him bewildered.

"I know. I'm just asking you for help! I'm your friend, Joohyun! Can't you at least once-" he was cut off by her.

"No!" She glared at him like he was kidding her. "I'm not gonna pretend to be your girlfriend. That's final." She stood up from the couch they were sitting on.

Baekhyun who was leaning on her abruptly sat back in his seat and let out a big sigh.

"Please! Just temporarily. Until she forgets about me and will leave me for good. I will do anything you ask after that. Please!" He walked after her to the kitchen. She was preparing dough for pizza.

"Baekhyun. Do you think she will forget you after she sees us together? She's not like that." She put on her apron with pink buttons. Baekhyun thought it looked cute on her.

"How do you know? We're are not acquainted enough for that. I've known her for a few weeks and she's already pestering me." The boy sat on a barstool at the small bar in her small-sized kitchen.

As a student, she had a good one-bedroom apartment. Her kitchen was zoned in the small corner area of the living room and her bed in the other corner near the big window which gave a nice view of Seoul and mountains. 

The dilemma Baekhyun was having is the freshman year girl at the faculty of Multimedia, who tried to follow after him almost everywhere he went

The dilemma Baekhyun was having is the freshman year girl at the faculty of Multimedia, who tried to follow after him almost everywhere he went. Annoying. That was the word he would describe her with. He needed something to shoo her off.

That's how the ever so genius boy, Baekhyun, came up with the idea to use his best friend as a temporary girlfriend. 'If a girl sees the boy with another girl she would stop running after him.'

"Baekhyun, girls know how other girls feel. That's something you boys will never understand." Joohyun already rolled the dough into a round shape. "Could you give me the grater, please? It's on the shelf there."

Watching her spreading souse, putting the meat, and cutting vegetables for the pizza, he decided to help her with grating cheese by himself.

"You know, guys might be insensitive sometimes, but they sure know when they don't like a girl. Believe me." Baekhyun took the cheese that Joohyun put on the plate and started grating it.

They have always been like that. Friends who met in high school became best friends in university. They were always close. Teasing and laughing at each other. The first ones to run away after school because Baekhyun drew mustaches on seniors' faces after lunch when they were sleeping. 'They deserved it for messing with the girls from his class.'

Why did Joohyun run? Well, they were friends and the whole school would pile all doubts on her if he didn't save her. Because of Baekhyun, she held a strange authority in the school. She was quiet and stable at studying. Her grades were the highest.