Chapter 16

Aelin-

             I froze. Rowan was here. We were all in the dining room, where this started. Rowan was staring at the iron coffin I was kept in. 

               "So," Rhysand said, "mind explaining who this is Aelin?" 

                I don't even think I can speak right now. Wait, Rhys is a daemati, so he can go in my mind right? I give Rhys a look trying to convey everything going through my head. He looks like he understands, so I prepare myself and try not to think about Maeve. I close my eyes as I feel him in my head. 

              What's wrong?  He said into my mind.

              I need to let my magic out somewhere. I open my eyes to see him giving me a look.

                Aelin. Who is that? 

                He..

                He??

                 He's my mate. 

                  His eyes widen. He looks to Feyre, probably telling her. Her eyes widen too. She looks to me for confirmation. I nod. She looks to Rowan and raises a brow. 

                Cassian, of course Cassian says,  "We can tell you guys are talking." Glaring at us.

                 Rowan finally takes his eyes away from the coffin. He looks around then his eyes land on me. My eyes threaten to start watering. I start shaking. Cassian opens his mouth to say something but gets cut off by a glaring Feyre. Rowan opens his mouth as if to say something but closes it. Azriel, Amren, Mor, and Cassian all look confused. I guess they have no idea what's going on. I still need to be very careful with my magic, to make sure it doesn't all come out at once. So I concentrate on reforming the fire crowns upon our heads.

            "You need to teach me how to do that, I want a darkness crown." Rhys pouts. 

                Feyre rolls her eyes. "You know how many crowns we already have Rhys. I think your fine." 

                  Feyre's cheeks heat from something I can assume Rhys said into her mind. Rhys smirks at her. Feyre scowls. Rowan is watching me still. I look at him, memorize his face again. 

                "Should I find another room for this.... male?" Feyre says.

               "No." I reply.

                 "Well I'm going home." Amren drawls, and walks out. 

               "So Aelin, as much as I would love to see you kill Tamlin," Rhys says, "we can't risk losing the High Lords alliance. Maybe before you go we can arrange a 'accident' but lets wait until the end of this war." I nod my head at him. Rowan glares at him, probably because I listened to him. 

             "Could I maybe start training?" I say. 

              Rhys opens his mouth but Cassian immediately cuts in, "I'll get you at dawn." 

             Rhys glowered at him, but said, "I'd like to see your magic, and you need somewhere to let it out. We could train too if you want." 

              Rowan who hadn't spoken yet, waiting to be alone looks like he's about to interrupt but Fenrys shifts and says, "Could I join you? I haven't really been able to train." 

             "That's fine, I'll get you and Aelin at dawn," Cassian says. "And Feyre, don't think I forgot you."

              Feyre crosses her arms and glares at him. "I have lessons with Az." 

               "I'm going to have to ditch you on that one," Azriel says.

                Cassian smirks, "Look at that. Oh marvelous High Lady," a dramatic bow, "you are free to train with us."  

                Feyre is now glaring at Azriel and Cassian. Rhysand raises a brow, still waiting for my answer.

               "I'll train with you Rhysand. Prepare yourself though, you might not be the most powerful in this room anymore." I flip my hair. 

                He smirks. "We'll see about that."

                 "Is that a challenge?" 

                  "I don't know, is it?"

                  "I could burn your favorite part off your-"

                  Feyre cuts me off rolling her eyes. "Why don't you guys continue this when your actually training."

                   We both scowl at her. 

                   "Well I'm going to bed." Cassian says. Azriel nods and follows him out the door. 

                     "Me and Rhys are too. Goodnight." Feyre says. Her and Rhys head up the stairs and I hear a door close.

                      "Follow me." I murmur, and stride towards the stairs.