Chapter 14

Rowan-

                  I could smell her, we were close. My mate. "I think shes in the building over there. What kind entrance are we going for? Casual, dramatic, heart stopping?" Manon asked. I roll my eyes, "Heart stopping. Literally." Then we see an explosion of fire. Aelin.

Rhysand-

                   Tamlin was being an idiot and I knew Aelin wasn't listening. She blinked as if in confirmation that she heard my attempt to get her to listen. Then Tamlin insulted me. I guess that was her last string, because everything went to hell.

Aelin-

              The High Lords were shouting, but my attention was only on Tamlin. He was done. My power was calling to me. A crown of fire formed on my head. The high lords were gaping at me. My fire burst from me, filling the whole court but not burning. It was getting harder to control, I hadn't used my fire since that day on the beach. It was bringing back painful memories from my time with Maeve and Cairn. I knew Rhysand had a shield up around the night court, and that the other high lords probably did too. Tamlin however had my attention on him so his shield was done in a second, but I hit another shield. "Aelin?" I fell to my knees. He knew I would regret killing him later, not because of pity but for allies. I sucked my fire back in even though I still needed release. It could wait. There was still two flames burning, crowns of flame. One for me, and one for my mate.