Forty-nine (My CEO)

Today will be my initial interview for a company that a close colleague of mine suggested.

"Are you sure they treat employees nicely?" I asked her on the phone while standing outside the company's building.

[My boyfriend works there so I'm sure!] She chuckled on the other line.

"Okayyy. I'm going inside now so I'll just call you later. Wish me luck!" I said.

[Haeyeon fighting~! I bet they'll like you for the job so don't worry.]

I smiled and ended the call.

High heels clicking through the hallway, I felt people staring but I shrugged the feeling off.

I always loved looking presentable every time I go out. This day is extra special so I wore the most appropriate attire I had in my closet.

Instead of wearing usual pencil skirt to the interview, I wore a cream colored, perfect fitting pants suit with white inner shirt and paired it with my white stilettos.

I waited in line along with the other applicants and I was surprised when I saw almost all female applicants were wearing the shortest skirts ever.

"What's happening. Is this the new trend? Wearing shortest skirts to interviews?" I shook my head.

I waited in line to get my applicant number and once I got mine, I sat on the nearest seat I could find and rested for a while.

I felt my phone rang so I went to the exit staircase but my eyebrows furrowed when I saw a couple who looked like almost kissing.

They both looked at me but I just casually shook my head and continued to just walk upstairs while taking the call.

I left the two of them with whatever they were doing and I was weirded out when I saw the guy chuckle.

"Oh Hello? Yeah, I'm just waiting for my turn. Hey I was just curious...Is the salary great??" I said.

I heard the exit door clicked so I thought they already left.

I heaved a sigh and stretched for a bit. I've removed my suit and hung it on my forearm while I continued chatting with my friend.

[I've told you several times alreadyyy. Yes, they pay very well. Have you met the CEO already??] She asked.

"Hmm...Not yet." I said.

[He's quite young to run a huge company actually. I think his name was Jaemin but I'm not quite sure.]

"Really?? I thought the owner is in his 30s??" I said.

[Well just wait and see!]

I shook my head and decided to head back inside the hall.

But as I turned to head back inside, I was surprised when I saw the guy earlier leaning on the railing of the stairs and he seemed to be eavesdropping the conversation I had with my friend.

"안녕. (Annyeong)" He said with a smirk.

"Excuse me? Were you eavesdropping??" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I just heard a little." He casually said as he shrugged.

"Look. If you're worried about what I saw earlier. Don't worry, I don't care about it at all." I rolled my eyes and was about to walk past him but he pulled my arm and trapped me in between the staircase railings.

"What the hell is wrong with you." I pushed him away but he kept still and leaned in closer.

"Are you an applicant for the secretariat position?" He asked.