Chapter 11-Some things are just not meant to be

Start from the beginning

"But your type of love is destructive. I've seen it before once. I can't see it again. "

She gets on her knees making him look at her with shock.

"My sister was strong and still..." She wipes her eyes and then looks back at him. "Mew is very soft-hearted, Gulf. He is pure. Don't drag him into your dark world. I'm begging you. Leave him." She started crying again and this time Gulf had no comeback.

Dark world? Is that where he lives? From the moment he was born, he was always in the dark so much that he didn't even realize that it has became his world. But Mew was light. He doesn't want to destroy that light with his darkness. He can never do that.

"I love him.."He whispered to her kneeling right beside her. "I've never loved anyone as much I do to him, Preeda." He wiped her tears away. "But don't worry. You are right on point this time." He chuckled. It sounded hollow to Preeda's ear.

"I should've thought of my fucked up life before trying to make him a part of it. He deserves much better." He couldn't feel the sadness about what he was about to do. There were no tears in his eyes. But anyone can tell with a glance that this man was at his breaking point.

"But..."

Preeda looked at him wide eyed as he came closer looking right at her with that expressionless face. "This is the last time We'll be talking. DO not come in front of me. Do not try to contact me. You were like a ghost all these years in my life. Keep being a ghost, Preeda. Don't provoke me to be a hunter." With that, he stood up looking at the woman still kneeling before him. "Tell him that....That I have something to do. Also, that I won't be home." He turned back towards her going towards the staircase but suddenly his eye fell on the man through the window.

He was laughing while trying to rub the cake in his niece's face. Unknowingly a tear escaped his eyes as he put a hand on the glass of the window trying to reach him. But then slowly retreated back. Walking away from that happy family. Walking away from that man.

He never had any place in his life in the first place. Even as he started his bike he still kept looking at the house through the rear view mirror. As long as he can. As long as he felt as if he was seeing him. Right there. Smiling, laughing. And getting away from him.

Mew's eyes were looking for him everywhere as his niece started to open the gifts. Where was he? Mews's brows furrowed in confusion as he stood up from the table walking towards the balcony.

"Uncle, don't go. There are still so many gifts left to open. " Mew looked back at her smiling.

"You start opening, princess. Uncle will right back" He started going towards the balcony still looking around. Something doesn't feel right to him. Just then his Aunt appeared out of nowhere.

"Mew! where are you going. The birthday has not finished yet. Are you ditching my daughter?" Preeda asked him jokingly. But his mind was not on her. His mind was on that man. Where is he?

"Are you looking for that friend of yours?" Mew looked at her nodding in response.

"He just left a while ago."

"Left.." Mew whispered seeming taken aback by it.

"Yes, he also told me to tell you that he won't be home tonight. He has some works to finish."

"But...He didn't even talk to me" Mew lowered his head down trying to hide the pain he was feeling. That man just left him here. Without even bothering to ask him or tell him anything. Does he mean so little to Gulf's life that he doesn't even think of informing him before leaving?