Chapter 21: Third Year (Part Two)

The Burrow - December 21, 2003

After a great deal of stress, worrying, and planning, the day of the wedding finally arrived.

Waking up that morning, Arthur couldn't stop smiling. Everyone was going to know that he was married to Fabian and Gideon. Everyone was going to know they were a family again.

As Arthur smiled, so did Fabian and Gideon. Their thoughts were almost the exact same as Arthurs.

All three of them had gone over the plans that Muriel, Marlene, and Narcissa had made. The ceremony would be held that evening, just as the sun went down. Since it was the shortest day of the year, sunset was actually going to occur just before 4pm.

The ceremony would be held outside. Thankfully, they had individual warming charms that would keep them warm without melting any of the snow or ice. Narcissa had even arranged for their to be fairy lanterns all around to give them light as the sun went down.

After the ceremony, there would be a Yule feast, with a proper Yule fire for those that celebrated the holiday. Once the ceremony and meal was finished, it was just going to be one big party. Arthur hated dancing, so there was only going to be a small dancing area off to the side, but most of the evening was just going to be devoted to being with friends and family.

Arthur and the others had considered what they would do for their honeymoon, but had decided to just stay home. As nice as it would be, they just didn't think that it was a good idea. They had just started investing in a business, it wouldn't be smart to spend a lot of money on going somewhere, just incase the worst happened. Money wasn't overly tight, but it was safer for them not to risk their families financial future so soon.

Once out of bed, Arthur, Fabian, and Gideon started to cook breakfast for themselves and the seven children that were sleeping throughout the house. Arthur was beyond happy that he had all of his children there for him that day.

"Good morning, lovelies." Muriel said as she walked into the house, ready to take care of any last minute problems. "Shoo, shoo. Trissy my dear, breakfast for eleven if you please, thank you my dear."

"Yes Mistress Muriel." The little elf quickly shooed the three human males out of her way and started to cook.

"Now, is everything ok? Has there been any issues?" Muriel looked between the men. She really wanted today to go perfectly.

"Everything is just fine Muriel." Arthur smiled as he sat down, Trissy sending a teapot and cups to sit on the table in front of him. "There isn't anything wrong."

"We are all just fine for now Aunt Muriel." Gideon added to settle his aunt.

"Hey everyone, is something wrong?" Percy asked as he walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Every thing is just fine." Arthur smiled.

"If your sure." Percy gave his fathers a once over just to be sure. As he was doing so, his older brothers both arrived in the kitchen. Percy turned to them and smiled. "Everything is apparently fine."

Bill and Charlie chuckled lightly as they sat down to have breakfast.

Upstairs, Fred and George sat facing each other on their beds. They both knew that today was going to be interesting.

The night before they had already caught Ron and Ginny trying to sneak downstairs. What had woken them up was that the two had been arguing about whether they should destroy the ceremony setup that had already been set out, or to destroy the food.

Fred and George knew that they were going to need to keep a close eye on the two brats. One of the best ways to make sure they didn't cause any major issues was to tell their older brothers. Between the five of them, they were sure that they could keep their fathers from noticing Ron and Ginny's behaviour.