The Warning

Lyra seated herself in the chair besides Loki, watching Leema with concern. Two days ago Leema had blacked out after she'd traveled through time, and ever since she's been unconscious.

"So?"

There it was. Lyra knew the conversation that was coming. She didn't want to talk about this at all, she wanted to just ignore the subject the rest of her life.

"How did you bring me back to life?"

What? This was not at all what she had expected. Lyra turned her gaze from where Leema slept in her bed onto Loki. As she looked at him in surprise she said, "Me? You know full well I didn't bring you back to life, Stark did."

Loki leaned forward. "Oh, yes, because they couldn't bring their precious... Black Widow back but they could and wanted to bring me back to life?"

Lyra leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms as she got agitated. "Oh, you wanna do this? Fine, I know full well it wasn't me or Stark. I saw your illusion Loki."

"What illusion?" For once he looked confused, like how he had looked when Natasha had figured out he was going to use the Hulk that one time in New York.

Lyra's eyes narrowed. "You're really going to play this shit out?"

"What?"

Lyra grunted. "Typical, Loki."

"I would like to see what you think was an illusion of mine."

"Oh, please, be my guest."

There was a moment's hesitation then Loki's hand was wrapped around her wrist and she was falling into a memory.

There Lyra was, gasping for air as she was crushed by a huge rock she tried to push off, screaming, as Thanos murdered Loki.

But, then Lyra saw the blurry figure in the distance. It looked much like Loki, craning its neck to watch the death scene

Loila was screaming Loki's name, but Lyra just watched the figure, and then that spark of hope lit, burning her inside.

Lyra stumbled, slightly falling out of her chair, but catching herself as she came out of the memory. Lyra stood, brushing the debris off her clothes. "See?" She glared.

"That wasn't me," Loki growled.

"Oh, cut the shit Loki!! I know it was your illusion! I saw it myself! You can play your games, have your fun, but you're not the only person in these realms! Gods, I'm beginning to sound like Lea. Perhaps that's a good thing. Someone certainly should. She was, after all, the only person who could love you, who could understand you, who could show you that life wasn't about a throne! Then again, she believed in you and that just got her killed, maybe I should take a hint and stop believing in you." Lyra said, her voice tinted with anger, covering the sadness that lurked in her voice.

At this Loki stood and his dagger appeared in his hand as her dagger appeared in her hand.

They struck out. Lyra grit her teeth as he grazed her neck. Lyra returned the favor, grazing his cheek. They separated, slightly panting, as the door swung open.

"HEY!" Loila stormed in and with a fiery glare with her blazing green eyes at both of them she said, "Take this outside." She flicked her wrist and in a poof of smoke they were outside on the healthy green grass of the New Avengers Facility.

"Loila," Loki breathed.

"Loki," Loila said. She seemed to be trying to keep her voice steady. "Is it true what Lyra told me?"