Chapter 14

It is my one year anniversary at the BAU and as excited as I am to be a year into my career, I am also slightly dreading it. Each year, all of the agents have to take a firearms qualification, and last year, I barely passed. If it wasn't for Dave's help and two weeks of lessons beforehand, I probably wouldn't have even made it close.

I lean back in my desk chair with a dramatic groan. I twirl my pen around my fingers and watch how the fluorescent lights dance over my rings.

"What's the matter, sweetheart?", Morgan asks.

"I have to retake my gun test", I huff. "I barely passed last time and I don't want them to take my gun."

"Reid knows a thing or two about that test", Garcia adds.

I look over to Reid to see him glaring holes into Garcia's forehead.

"I'm sure he could help you. He's much better with a gun now", Morgan teases.

"That sounds like a great idea", Hotch says from the top of the stairs.

I look up at him and see Dave standing behind him, a reassuring look on his face. Hotch holds a file in his hand and removes a paper from the manilla folder and hands it to Emily. She walks over to my desk and sets it on the surface. I read over the document and roll my eyes.

"That's your score from last time. You barely got by, and if you don't learn, I'm afraid I won't be able to pass you", Hotch says.

I look at him with pleading eyes, hoping it has the same effect at this distance. His face softens slightly, but he is firm.

"Your best bet is to have Reid teach you. He's finished all of his paperwork and he is now very good with his gun", Hotch tells me.

"You talk about him like he's a puppy. Are you going to pet his head and call him a good boy, too?", I say with a smirk.

I catch Reid's eyes and ignore how unimpressed he looks, instead I give him a playful wink from across the room.

"Reid will take you to the gun range at two."

"Please, Hotch", I beg. "Anyone but him, please. I'll stay late for a month, I-I'll bring you lunch every day, I'll even babysit your son for free! I'll do anything."

"That's very generous of you, Y/l/n, but this is final. If you don't have a gun, you can't go in the field, and I would hate to have to bench you."

I sigh but accept my fate. I pick up my bag and walk over to Spencer's desk. He doesn't look up at me until he finishes typing out an email that did not look important. He finally turns to me, a satisfied smirk on his face.

"Is there something you need, princess?", he says smugly.

"No", I stubbornly huff.

"If you don't ask, you won't get what you want."

"I'm not asking. It's a direct order from Hotch", I say.

"Suddenly you want to follow the rules?", he asks.

I lean forward and grab his collar in my right hand and I pull his face up towards mine. He doesn't seem intimidated in the slightest, instead, he was almost excited. Spencer's tongue flicks over his lips, leaving a wet shine behind that is practically begging me to kiss.

"Shut up", I hiss.

"You don't mean that, princess. I know you love it when I talk."

"I fucking hate you, Reid." I pull his collar tighter, constricting around his throat and a smile slowly splits his face.

"I think you're forgetting who you're talking to, Y/n", he whispers.

"I know exactly what I'm doing, and I'm not afraid of you. Last night was a one-time thing, and you may have gotten what you wanted then, but never again. If you try anything, then I'll run to Dave and Hotch to tell them all the nasty things you've done to me. Understood, Daddy?"

Spencer's Adam's apple bobs as he swallows dryly. His eyes dart around my face, most likely looking for any kind of weakness, but he does not find any. He brings his hand up and covers mine on his collar. He slowly slides my hand down his chest before moving it off of his body.

"Crystal, princess. I'll behave myself, I promise."