"are you sure? i still have some from that job we both did with the Joneses a few weeks back." she told her brother looking at the money.

"i'm sure. i gotta get going so i'll text you when i get to the mainland, and call me before bed so i know you're safe." he told her, she nodded taking the bill putting it under the fruit bowl.

"i love you kid. i'll see you in a few days." Zale pulled her into a hug kissing the top of her head.

"i love you too."

~~~

Hurricane Agatha continues its steady march towards Kildare Island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina...

"holy shit." John B said next to Belle, the two gave each other a worried but yet excited look knowing they were thinking the same thing.

"i'll go get the boards ready." Belle said running off the pier to her house getting the surfboards ready.

hours later Pope, Belle and John B ran down to the beach with their surfboards in the storm being extremely careful so they wouldn't get hurt.

"it's a double overhead out there, bro." Pope said already knowing it was dangerous.

"double overhead?" John B asked, the three stood on a rock seeing the rough waves.

"JB, those aren't surfable waves, bro." Belle said looking at the tall brunette who laughed and tapped both of the other two Pogues arms.

"says who?" John B said running over to the water.

Belle looked at Pope and just shrugged running to the water to catch up to John B. the small brunette jumped into the water trying to swim out but it was impossible, losing her balance and falling into the water getting caught by a wave. rising back up from the water coughing Pope ran in to pull her out of there while John B attempted to surf, Belle dragged her board by the string on her ankle tossing it onto the sand.

"i'll take you back to John B's let's go." Pope said picking up her board.

"what? and just leave him there in the water?" Belle asked pointing to John B who was having a blast.

"do you wanna tell your brother that you were surfing the surge?" Pope said staring at her knowing Zale will freak out.

"yeah let's just go back to John B's." she nodded running back to the Château going inside immediately.

shivering she shut the door seeing Pope run back to the beach, she opened the cabinet of towels grabbing one wrapping it around herself to keep warm. JJ stepped out of John B's room confused and saw his eyes widen once he saw the tiny girl shivering and soaked.

"you tried to surf the surge didn't you?" JJ laughed grabbing a blanket wrapping it around Belle.

"yes i did and i failed so shut up." she laughed holding the blanket as well.

"alright go dry off and change angel, i don't need you getting sick or anything." the blonde smiled down at her, she nodded walking to John B's room shutting the door.

~~~

"yo, JJ, Bells. you've been outside yet?" John B slapped the two Pogues legs, who were sleeping on the couch cuddling.

"i have polio, bro. i can't walk." JJ mumbled making Belle look at him, shaking her head she stood up pushing him away gently fixing her shorts and sports bra looking out the window.

"oh shit." she mumbled grabbing her jacket slipping it out following JJ outside.

"oh man." John B sighed once he reached the Pogue starting to clean up around it.

"Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ asked already drinking a beer, Belle laid her chin on his shoulder taking a look at the mess.

"yeah, she did."

JJ tossed the can of beer on the ground patting his shoulder for Belle to jump on his back which she did. walking over to the small boat setting her inside to help John B clear out the branches from inside and around. 

"whatcha thinkin'?" JJ asked leaning against the boat.

"i'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze. all those drum are gonna chase the crab." John B said handed Belle some branches to toss out which she did.

"what about the DCS? wasn't that today?" JJ asked.

"they won't get on the ferry, it's gonna take them days to come over here." Belle said throwing out more branches out, "plus we don't need them trying to take me too since my brother isn't here." she added having a few in counters with the DCS.

"yeah she's right, they're not gettin' on a ferry. come on, think about it. it's God tellin' us to fish." John B said, Belle gave JJ a smile which he quickly returned and went inside to change.

"i've never seen that kid smile so much when he's around you." John B said looking at Belle.

"he's always smiling." she said cleaning up the rest of the branches off the boat.

"yeah and when are you two gonna admit your feels for each other? it's pretty obvious. i mean, you guys are literally the worst at hiding about how you feel about each other" smirked the boy, Belle rose her brow at him throwing branches at him.

John B laughed picking her up getting her off the boat, she threw two more branches at him and ran inside the house laughing.