Groaning as I felt another wave of pain burst through my body , I felt hands on my shoulders to comfort me but i couldn't focus on anything.

Tears were swelling in my eyes and I tried to look past them as I lifted my head , only to see all 5 figures crouching in front of me , concern plastered onto their features.

The sound of cracking filled our ears and realisation dawned on Alpha Christian's face along with concern.

"She's shifting." He sounded to confused from what I managed to understand. I felt arms lift me from the ground and a gust of wind hit me , indicating we was now outside.

Being placed onto the grass , feeling the soil in between my fingertips and the heaviness from my feet gone. Someone took my shoes of.

No if I was shifting this dress was going to be ruined.

I was trying to take it off but it was no use , it hurt to much to move.

More of my bones snapped , breaking and I wanted to scream but I held it in.

Why was I shifting? My birthday wasn't until next week.

The feeling of my pores growing and fur spouting from them comforted me only slightly before more bones continued to break.

Until the point where I was next standing on 4 legs. My body feeling exhausted , I fell to the ground onto my side.

I heard a series of gasps making me snap my head into that direction only to see all of those 5 accompanies shook to their own fur.

If I was in human form , I know my eyebrows would've been furrowed.

I looked down at myself and barked in surprise.

I was white.

A white wolf.

I have never known for a white wolf to ever exist. There have been no myths or tales that I am aware of and I love to read , especially history.

Hello dear.

My wolf spoke to me. It felt weird , but comforting.

Artemis. She purred.

A goddess of the wilderness. The names was familiar to me when I read another Greek mythology. I was also taught the moon goddess gave our names for a reason and meaning wilderness? What could that mean in this life?

------------------

It has been a over a week since I shifted , my birthday was yesterday and we all came to the unfortunate news Xander and I were not mates.

His parents seemed exceptionally devastated , it slightly confused me.

Over the past week , we've all been trying to understand my shift , not only did I shift early but I was also a white wolf. Alpha Christian has called in some elders , and they're visiting today.

Pulling on a white t-shirt and a tanned pull over dress and my white sneakers. My parents and I made our quick 5 minute journey to the pack house.

I could already sense the elders had arrived due to the power emitting in the air

I could already sense the elders had arrived due to the power emitting in the air. It felt claustrophobic.

Xander greeted us at the door and led us through to his fathers office. My hand in his , squeezing mine in reassurance as he probably could feel my nervousness.

"You'll be alright." I heard him whisper. With a knock on the door , we was granted entry.

My feet felt stuck to the floor once I stepped inside of my the room , all eyes on me . And by that I mean the eight elders seated around the conference table , starring intently at me. I felt myself edge closer to Xander.

With a slight encouraging push forward , thanks to my father. I planted my bum on the seat opposite one of the elders.

She had dark hair , and you could tell she was ageing because of the slight peppered hair. Bright blue eyes , being a contrast to my dull brown ones. She was beautiful.

"You are very beautiful my dear." My head snapped into the direction of another elder , all her hair was grey and the wrinkles on her face were becoming prominent.

"That's very kind of you." I said with a small voice but it was clear for everyone to hear.

I have always been a quiet girl , but I knew I was outgoing only in front for the right people however.

"You are probably wondering why we are hear dear."

Nobody said anything as we all listened intently.

"You're a white wolf mija. Created from the goddess herself. You were crafted by the moons."

"Moons? As in plural?" Luna Aspen queried.

"Yes , as in plural. Being a white wolf gives you a lot of reign in our world Katrina."

Her words slightly shook be to be honest.

"What does this mean? " my father asked.

"It means Katrina here is a very powerful being. The existence of our kind is in the hands of your daughter Beta Dio."

Way to pressure a girl.

"I'm sorry , I'm confused." I was far to lost at this point.

"That's alright dear , I understand if this is a lot to handle."

"I am a 16 year old girl , adopted into a Beta family and now you are trying to tell me I have the power to end and start the existence of our species." I just had to clarify.

"That is exactly what we are saying." talk about blunt.

"That kind of ability could get me killed , I may be the future Beta of this pack but I don't even have Beta blood." I whine.

"You're right you don't have Beta blood."

"You have so much more."

"So what is the plan? You can't just plant this information on me and expect me to go about my normal daily life."

"You are right , which is why you will be coming with us , to the North. Where you will train and connect with the moon for the next 5 years. You will learn and grow as a wolf and as a human being. With us you can reach your full potential."

"No." Xander stood to his feet and growled at them.

"Son sit down." Christian warned the Alpha to be.

"Dad , that is 5 years. We can not live without her for 5 years. She can be trained here by our warriors." Xander continued to fight for my life her at Dark Moon.

But i already knew it wasn't a choice to stay here. The elders were brought her for a reason and it was not to tell me how to live my life , but to rather take me away from the one I already have.

"I have no say in this matter. Do I?" I looked around at the table , at the elders , the Alpha and Luna and finally my parents. I would be forced into this new life with or without my consent.

At least my best friend cared for my stay.

"When do I leave?"

"What? No. Katrina , you don't have to leave." Xander exclaimed.

"Sit your ass down boy or I will remove you from this room. " Christian warned out to his son.

"You leave tonight dear."