The one that got away...

Start from the beginning

"Wait here. I'll go see if the doctor is in his office."

Jungkook nodded while the nurse walked away. He patiently tapped his foot against the floor while looking around observing the patient's walking by, he checked his watch and noticed that it had been more than 5 minutes since the nurse left, he looked around and sighed, deciding to explore a little, he noted to himself to be back here after 10 minutes.

When he finally made his decision he made his way towards another corridor that had less people walking around, on the wall was a sign that said Cardiology. He decided to check the first room and found a boy who was surrounded by wires and tubes that were connected to his body and a beeping monitor that kept his heart rate in check. The patient was asleep.

He closed the door leaving the sleeping boy in peace, then he continued into another room, there he found an old man who was wearing an oxygen mask while breathing heavily, his chest rising up and down as he did, sighing Jungkook decided to exit and made his way into another room.

Almost all of these patients seemed to have the same problem, until Jungkook decided to check one of the last rooms, room 204.

When he opened the door he was greeted by a young boy.

Jungkook's eyes went wide; from all the patients he had seen until now the only one awake was him.

The boy who sat in his bed had his hands resting on his lap while looking out of the window with a small gentle smile casting his lips. His eyes staring into the beautiful sun setting down, painting the sky in orange.

Jungkook noticed that time had passed away, but couldn't bring himself to move away from the door.

He felt captivated by this boy. The sun setting outside limited the light inside the room but still those sun rays that fell onto the boy's skin were kissing it into a shade of gold, and his messy locks that fell onto his forehead were highlighted from the rest of it making him look messy but mesmerizing.

The boy who blinked a few times finally stopped admiring the beautiful view outside and slowly he turned his head towards the door where he saw Jungkook standing, his hand still holding the handle. It made Jungkook flinch when the two made eye contact and that small smile that was present on his lips a while ago had been erased giving Jungkook a perfect view of his condition.

Only now Jungkook could see the boy's face, he could now see the dark circles under the boy's honey colored eyes, they were erupted by the pain and sorrow.

He looked so fragile sitting there.

Jungkook swallowed the lump in his throat awkwardly shifting his eyes somewhere else, breaking eye contact, cursing himself for getting caught staring at him.

"Hi... I'm Jungkook..."

Jungkook inhaled sharply as he looked away from the boy, feeling a little bit insecure by the situation. And when a few moments passed by Jungkook gulped feeling the boy's eyes on him, they were staring into him intensely. He began rubbing his nape slowly shifting his eyes back to the boy. The boy blinked a few times before rubbing his eyes with his fists then blinking again, a bright smile soon was casted on his lips making Jungkook hold his breath.

"Jungkook..."

The boy mumbled and grinned widely. Shifting from his bed trying to stand up his legs got tangled into the mattress and he tripped, losing his balance. Jungkook was quick to react and rushed towards the boy wrapping his arms around him. The boy also wrapped his hands around Jungkook's arms, holding onto him tightly, supporting himself. Jungkook helped the boy sit back in bed and the boy let out a nervous chuckle feeling embarrassed, "So you are real." The boy's face lit up and a smile lingered on his lips. Jungkook frowned, not understanding what the boy meant.