Jimin is hesitant, slowly reaching his hand out to flatten it against Taehyung's. The man looks up at their touching fingers and exhales softly.

"He ended up taking care of me and helped me finish my last year of college. We moved in together and wanted more - a kid... my best friend since elementary school offered to become our surrogate and throughout the nine months she carried him, she was perfectly healthy... I don't know what's suddenly caused it but he wants to meet his birth mother," Taehyung explains sadly however Jimin knows that something is missing.

"Would you ever let him?"

"...There were complications during birth and she didn't make it, Jimin. Haechan made it but she didn't. I don't know what to tell him. I'm afraid it's only going to make things worse. He's going to hate me. He's ignoring Namjoon Hyung," Taehyung furthers and at this point he's crying into his free hand.

Jimin is absolutely baffled. The picture he saw of the three of them together at Officer Kim's. They looked so happy and care free. Like the perfect family.

"God, I still love them both. I want to make things right but Haechan is off God knows where and Namjoon Hyung is helping with the mission to capture Kai right now," Taehyung sniffles.

Jimin feels his blood run cold and his throat dry up. It was but a speculation that Jeongguk's mission was today. There's no way he just left without saying anything. He wouldn't do that, would he? Maybe that's why he's been ignoring Jimin, trying to mitigate the pain by simply vanishing from his life. But that's not how it works. The blond deserves more than that.

He stumbles out of the booth, nearly falling onto his knees and hands. He feels dizzy - head off in some whir of clashing thoughts. He can't even register the fact that he's being touched by Taehyung first who holds him up and then the bodyguard who paces to their sides, eventually taking over.

"What's going on?" the man asks in an accusatory way, prompting Taehyung to shrivel.

He isn't sure what he's just done. Evidently he thought that Jimin already knew.

"I didn't know... I told him about the mission," he panics.

Jimin's ears are pounding. He can hear his blood pulsating the further his mind pries into the countless negative outcomes. This isn't fair. Jeongguk should have told him. Why did he just leave like that without saying anything? God, it hurts. It hurts so fucking bad that the teacher can physically feel his heart tearing. He was open and honest about his feelings and this is what he gets?

"N-need to see Jeongguk," Jimin murmurs almost incoherently.

Taehyung is standing idly, hands shaking against his thighs. "J-Jimin we can't. Not yet," he says. "We have to wait until they're back."

The blond's vision is blurring. He thrusts himself out of the bodyguard's faint hold and beelines for the cafe doors. He ignores the incessant pleas of desperation clinging to his ears, begging him to stop running. He jumps into the car where his driver is already sat at, refusing to start the vehicle. However Jimin screams at him and the man twists the key, taking off.

He can see through the rearview mirror as Taehyung and the bodyguard's figure regress in size, eventually to a state of nothingness. He demands the driver to take him to the police station but something on the radio has their plans changing.

'Fifteen minutes ago a police officer had been injured at the east end of the city trying to capture the criminal responsible for the recent murders in Seoul. The exact state of his condition is unknown however his injuries are severe. All businesses around the crime scene have been shut down and will remain closed until further notice.'

Jimin can feel his lungs collapse as his breath labors. No name was given and yet he knows just exactly who they're talking about. He doesn't even need to say anything and the driver changes route, evidently making way to the hospital.

If there's any kind of nightmare he'd be given the chance to somehow skip, it would be this one. The very last thing that he wanted from all of this was to see Jeongguk get hurt. Of course he has felt pain, but this... this is beyond his imagination. It should have been him. He should have been the one sent in there, not Jeongguk.

His head is clamored - addled with images of Officer Jeon in a hospital bed, hanging on for dear life. He isn't sure how long they've been driving but the minute they pull up in front of the large building, Jimin is scrambling out of the passenger seat, initially falling on all fours. His knees and hands scuff but he doesn't care. He can't care.

He travels to the entrance and as he does so, there's a stutter in his haphazard jog. His breathing is heavy and his palms are sweaty. The moment he walks into the hospital and spots Namjoon pacing the waiting area impatiently, he falls to his knees heavily. Heartwrenching sobs sink from his mouth at an impossible rate and into his small hands.

"Shit, Jimin," Namjoon jogs to him and crouches down beside him.

Jimin looks up and his face is already drenched with tears. Red and in the process of swelling. "Y-you were supposed to protect him. You l-let him get hurt. He's h-hurt because of you!" he whales and he's pulled into Namjoon's arms.

Every emotion he has right now spirals into an explosive burst. His arms are flailing, balled up fists colliding with Namjoon's chest. He's swearing at Officer Kim, taking all of his anger out on him. He doesn't want to be held right now. He doesn't want to be touched. He just wants to see Jeongguk and know that he's okay.

"Jimin, please," the man tries to calm him down.

"Let me go!" Jimin screams into his face, increasing the force of his hits.

He's totally losing himself as hospital security tries to contain him. He's hurt before but he never knew that it was possible to hurt this much. It's like every bone in his body is breaking. His chest is on fire as the strings in his heart disconnect themselves from the torment.

This isn't how it was supposed to end.

Not like this.

(A/N): It isn't over yet please don't hate me!! :))