Taehyung pushes his mug to the side and leans against the smooth surface of the booth table. "Tell me about what made you happy. You deserve to smile."

It's safe to say that this wasn't what he was entirely expecting. Of course the man sitting opposite him doesn't seem like the kind to pry but maybe he's just used to the nosy media trying to unhinge his life and further dishevel his current relationships.

Behind his mask, Jimin is biting on his lip. His hands fall from the table top and drop onto his thighs, hidden. He's playing with his sleeves and remembers a couple of the things Jeongguk had brought up during their prior conversation - when things were smooth and seemed impossibly simple for a few minutes.

"...My students. They were a handful but they always made me smile. And Haechan... he was my favourite. He's definitely changed, though," Jimin recalls.

"He has, hasn't he?" Taehyung adds.

The teacher finds difficulty in figuring out whether or not the tone in Taehyung's voice is an indication of happiness or potential worry. And so he takes this moment to clear the air for the teenage boy.

"It's a good change, Tae. He may be acting out but I'm sure once all of this passes, he'll be okay. It will be a lesson he can learn from, right? He used to be the shy kid who would sit with me during presentations. He'd hang out with me at lunch because he had no friends, Taehyung. He's sticking up for himself now and even though he could probably find better ways to do it, he's much stronger than he used to be," Jimin explains.

Taehyung looks at him and once again his expression is indiscernible. Visibly he's thinking it over and after a moment of inner conflict he breaks into a smile.

"...I needed to hear that. Thank you, Jimin. I knew he struggled in school because his parents were gay but I never really thought it was as bad as it is. He never really confided in me but I suppose it's because I decided to leave..." Taehyung explains in desolation.

Jimin can sense the perceptible shift in aura, almost so much so that he can nearly grasp it in his fingertips. Now that he thinks about it, he doesn't know much about Taehyung or his family, either. Simply that him and Namjoon separated because of the taboo pertaining to same sex relationships in Korea.

He wants to ask about Taehyung's past but he can't find it within himself to bring up such a clearly touchy subject. However his eyes are visible and it seems that the taller man can read the curiosity swimming between his eyelids. Maybe he's too transparent.

"I can tell you, if you'd like. I think it's only fair given the circumstances," Taehyung says.

Jimin blinks at him. "...Only if you want to."

Taehyung's tongue sweeps over his lips. "Well, it's a long story."

"That's okay. I'm here to listen."

The taller man nods his head and does what Jimin's noticed to be his coping mechanism during times of stress. He's picking at his cuticles.

"...I was in my last year of college and at that point he had officially finished his period of training and joined the police force. I was in a bad headspace. I felt lost and even though I was getting my degree, it was what my parents wanted and not me..."

Jimin notices how Taehyung blinks rapidly. He's trying to stop himself from crying and he knows this because the action is all too familiar.

"...One night, I had drunken myself into a near stupor. I was out of my mind, despressed and wanting everything from life that I didn't have yet wanting nothing to do with it at the very same time. Eventually it became too much. He found me standing at the edge of a bridge and managed to talk me out of it. He took me to his home that night because he didn't trust me being alone," he continues, wiping at his cheeks.