I chuckle, "You guys still call me D-Dawg." I say defensively.

Shelly giggles again, "Boy shut up and tell me you're order." She says.

I shake my head, chuckling, as I look down to Jules.

I look back up to Shelly, "I want two hamburgers, both with a side of fries, and two milkshakes." I inform her.

"What kind?" She asks.

I glance to Jules again, "One peanut butter pecan and one oreo cookie crumble please." I say.

"Anything else?" She asks.

I think for a second, "Uhh, make it to go. Oh! And make sure to put no ketchup on one of the burgers. Jules hates ketchup." I inform her again.

"You got it." Shelly says with a slight smile before turning on her heels and heading into the kitchen.

Jules looks up at me longingly, "How'd you know I hate ketchup and prefer Oreo milkshakes?" She asks.

"I pay attention to the little things." I chuckle, playfully flicking the bottom of her chin.

"Where are we gonna sit?" Jules asks, looking around.

I chuckle again, "We're not sitting anywhere kid. I made the food to go. I have on more stop to make here in Chicago and then we gotta get our asses back to Quantico if we wanna make it on time." I inform her.

"And where is that?" She asks as I turn to face towards the diner bar again.

"That's a surprise kid." I say, a huge grin spreading across my face as I pay Shelly for the food.

"Oh no, it's on the house." Shelly says, a light smile spread on her lips.

"Thank you." I say with a smile before turning on my heels and heading towards Jules.

"Let's go." I say to her before lacing my fingers with hers and walking out the door.

•••

"Where are we headed?" Jules asks, fifteen minutes into the car ride.

I glance over to her, "You'll see, just wait five more minutes." I say with a cocky grin plastered on my face.

A couple minutes pass before we pull in front of a football field.

"What's this?" Jules asks as I open her car door.

"A special place." I say with a light chuckle.

"There's kids playing football." She says, pointing her fingers at some little kids running football drills.

I chuckle and nod, "Believe it or not, I used to be one of those kids." I inform her.

Jules nods, "I believe it." She giggles, gently running her finger up and down my bicep.

"Okay, okay, c'mere." I say, wrapping one of my arms around her shoulder as we walk alongside the cage.

We walk alongside the cages before finding a seat. I go inside a little hut and grab a small blanket I put inside of there a while ago.

Jules giggles as I walk outside the hut.

She looks up at me, "How many girls have you brought here?" She asks with a soft giggle.

I chuckle, "None actually. I only go here by myself." I inform her.

She giggles again, "Really? You haven't even brought..." She pauses, "Hmm, say, Elle or Shelly?" She asks short handedly.

"Is someone feeling a little jealous?" I ask, chuckling lightly.

"No way!" She exclaims as I pull her in, tickling her side.

"Yes you are! Admit it!" I chuckle, my arms wrapping around her.

"Okay, okay! I am! Just a little!" She exclaims, giggling breathlessly.

"Oooo she's jealous!" I call out jokingly as she wraps her hand around my mouth.

"Shhh! The entire state of Chicago doesn't need to know that I'm jealous of Derek and his little conquests." She says, her cheeks flushing a bit.

"Okay, okay." I say, sitting down on the blanket as she does the same.

An awkward silence fills the air between us.

I look at her longingly, "I can promise you that you are not another one of my silly little conquests." I inform her, lightly running my thumb up and down her cheek.

"Derek..." She starts.

My eyes meet hers, "What? Why can't we be something?" I ask, holding her gaze.

"My dad..." She says.

I scoff lightly, "What about Hotch? You're an adult! He can't tell you who you can and can't be with or sleep with!" I say, still holding her gaze.

She rolls her eyes, "He'll kill me! He'll literally kill me! You're 33! And I'm 20! Do you see the issue here? I'm half my dad's age and you're like 10 years younger!" She says.

I chuckle, "We can make it work... We can keep it a secret." I say, playing my hand on her knee

"The team doesn't keep secrets..." She says as I chuckle.

"Yeah, they do. Not everyone knows about everything." I inform her.

"Whatever." She says, rolling her eyes as she begins eating her meal.

A few minutes pass before she leans over.

"You have plenty there!" I exclaim as she grasps a fry from my platter.

She lets out a breathless giggle and we talk on and off while we eat our meals.

As we climb back into the car, Jules drifts off to sleep. I glance over to her, a slight smile dancing on my lips as I admire how adorable she looks when she's asleep.