1 ▪︎▪︎▪︎ Close

•PROLOGUE•

"Sungie, I like you, Will you date me?"

Cold air escapes the boy's lips, parting in a surprised manner, It was a very cold afternoon.

The man is tall, blonde and handsome, walking just a few paces in front of Jisung, His long slender fingers clasping his bag tightly, His top buttons loose in his white uniform that probably smells like him and his sweet cologne, his t-shirt inside is slightly showing.

The guy looked carefree as ever, his loosened necktie dangling and swaying along with the breeze, The lad turned to him abruptly and they both stopped. Jisung inhaled the same air that Hyunjin breathes, clouding up as the heated air mixed with the cold, dusting up the warm color smokes up above the skies.

He looks immaculate.

The setting sun is warm and the words that his bestest friend enveloped him like a motherly hug amidst the  chill brought by the season, the year almost nearing it's end, his company is more than he could wish for, they are inseparable, they've been walking home together for years now, this is not an uncommon occurrence. And this isn't enough to even describe how close they are, and always on each other's backs.

It's more than enough for him.

"Sorry?"

Jisung replied as if he didn't hear him. He blinks, and counts, one, two and three. What? Did he hear him right? Jisung blinks more and stops in his tracks with a confused look to his dear best friend, who's blushing feverishly in front of him.

When it hit him, Jisung's eyes widened, Hyunjin was biting his lips in nervousness, shyly waiting for his answer. Long black hair and the loose uniform, swaying along with the wind revealing Hyunjin's lovely silhouette.

Jisung's heart felt like it's going to burst, he cupped his mouth at the shock and then panicked. He held his tears back.

Hyunjin confessing to him is too good to be true.

His feelings for his best friend were well-kept, wondering if he has ever been obvious about it. Hyunjin knows he likes boys and Jisung just appreciated that Hyunjin was indifferent to it, He even protected him from bullies from time to time. He treasures Hyunjin so much and with that, he kept his feelings in-check and continued being a good friend. He was already satisfied with that.

This isn't real.

He looked up at the sky and let out a deep breath, Hyunjin likes him too. He felt like hopping. The sky must be truly pretty right now, with the shades of pink, blue, and orange but unfortunately, he couldn't see properly at all, due to his tears welling up.

Hyunjin is his brother and bestfriend, an embodiment of his home. They've known each other since grade school, they've been through ups and downs. Jisung has no parents due to unfortunate circumstances and Hyunjin was there for him all along. He never imagined that the start of his senior high school will be this surreal. Life works in mysterious ways and It never runs out of surprises.

Jisung has never felt this blessed for a long time, he had always felt lonely. Jisung turned to Hyunjin crying, wiping the older's tears usingnis hanky, and said happily-

"Yes."

With all his heart.

And the taller beamed with joy, He saw Hyunjin shake from toe to head with excitement, then smiling ear to ear, putting out the most beautiful smile he could've seen from him, blurting out a loud his happiness.