Chapter 16: Chemistry

On the other hand, Cali had a rough afternoon. She ended up 2 hours before the party and picked a below the knee black dress.

Cali dressed up but still not satisfied until a bright idea came popped in her head, she added a long satin black gloves and stilettos with a pair of pearl earrings.

She up-do her hair, as she puts on a light makeup, the back of the dress has a low v cut revealing her back and felt like the Sabrina vibes.

Cali left and got stuck into a traffic "Fuck" she cursed. After that she quickly drives at their mansion "Just open the goddamn gates, I'm fucking late" she said as the guards opened it.

The chauffeur carefully took the keys and went inside, good thing they're all busy watching a short clip as Tyler noticed Cali quietly finding her seat, like a lost princess.

He felt something weird at his tummy, Cali noticed her and quickly looked away. After the short clip, the Roberts family gave a small speech and blow the candle before eating.

"She's gonna melt" Solange whispered to Tyler as he snapped back. There was two long tables, one for the guest and the whole family, they began to eat as the live band was accompanying them.

Tyler hyped up a little because of the song and having fun at his food.

Cali on the other hand scooted at her mom "Mom, why the hell you invited Tyler?" she whispered

"Why not? is it wrong to invite him? it's my birthday today" Cali rolled her eyes and continued eating.

"So Sam, how you've been doing?" Her Auntie Nikki asked.

"Just got success at a operation a while ago" Sam, her cousin said, everyone at the table was in awed.

"How about you Cali?" She stopped eating as she tries to calm down herself.

"Never been better" Cali fake smiled making her uncomfortable.

"Don't you have any mini achievements? except from your artwork at that random studio?" Cali's Dad stopped her.

"I was just asking Nikholas, her art shenanigans won't bring her to success"

"—look at your cousin Jake, Paolo and Miguel they barely earn money because they chose photography" Her Aunt continued.

"Okay, I'm not supposed to give my opinion but I'm gonna say it anyway, you know what Auntie Nikki, I really respect you a lot because you're the well known doctor of the country" Cali said while finishing her food.

"With big earnings everyday, It's okay if you don't like my art shenanigans and all but I don't like you cheating on your husband with a rich drug dealer that was one of your patients" Cali raised her voice as everyone on the table was speechless and surprised.

"I'm sorry for making a scene especially at my mom's birthday, but I'm literally sick of y'all deciding what you want for me that I really don't like it at the first place and the comparison between me and my other cousins" She kissed her mom at the cheeks and walked away.

Tyler's eyes followed her as she left the room, the party host began to speak and introduced a game called newspaper dance.

"I'm gonna play that shit, I thought it supposed be a rich party with rich games and stuffs though?" Tyler asked out of nowhere.

"They don't do that because it get so boring and the guest might leave early, so they twisted it up so everyone will enjoy" Frank explained as they stood up.

"You gonna play Solo?" Tyler asked

"I'm gonna pass, I'll be in the next game" Frank and Tyler nodded.